tRophic position with one isotope only

Pierre Cresson

Nov 4, 2019, 11:55:26 AM11/4/19
to tRophicPosition
Hola Claudio

I forward (here) the raw question from a colleague not (yet) on this group: Is it possible (and pertinent?) to apply trophic position on a dataset of one isotope only?

If I have to answer I would say possible but with a lot of uncertainties. But I think you would have a more detailed answer!

All the best

Pierre

Claudio Quezada Romegialli

Nov 4, 2019, 2:21:40 PM11/4/19
to Pierre Cresson, tRophicPosition
Hola Pierre

Yes, it is possible (and pertinent). When you are calculating a one baseline model you are actually using only one isotope (just nitrogen). If you have one isotope it only prevents to make a nice biplot (because we use both N & C in the plot), but otherwise, it can be done.

I'm not sure if the package will work if you are actually using only one isotope. But if not, just create/simulate the other isotope and use a one baseline model and it should work fine.

Cheers

Claudio

--
To download tRophicPosition package visit https://github.com/clquezada/tRophicPosition

Dr. Claudio Quezada-Romegialli
Profesor Asociado
Departamento de Biología
Facultad de Ciencias Naturales y Exactas
Universidad de Playa Ancha, Valparaíso, Chile
Móvil: +56 9 9038 0148
Teléfono: +56 32 250 0519