Agoda is legal in Myanmar ?

Bo Saw

May 16, 2015, 10:18:04 AM5/16/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
ခရိးသြားလုပ္ငန္းရွင္မ်ားအသင္း
ဟိုတယ္လုပ္ငန္းရွင္မ်ားအသင္း
ေမးခြန္းျကီးျကီးေမးခ်င္ပါတယ္ ။
ျပညါတြင္း travel agents ေတြထက္ ဘာ့ေျကာင့္ တရားမဝင္ sote
Agoda ကို hotel contract ေစ်းခ်ေပးထားလဲ ???
ဒါ က မတရား မူ ့ပါပဲ ။ လုပ္ျကံခံရတာ ။ ရွင္းေပးပါ။

Bo Saw

May 16, 2015, 10:22:06 AM5/16/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
စာလၤုးေတြမွားသြားရင္ Sorry ပါ ။ Typing အခက္အခဲရွိလို ့ပါ ။

Thomas Latt

May 25, 2015, 9:34:36 PM5/25/15
to travelmyanmar
the case still opens

~ AATO ~
My Asia ~ My Territory

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 8:52 PM, Bo Saw <saww.m...@googlemail.com> wrote:
စာလၤုးေတြမွားသြားရင္ Sorry ပါ ။ Typing အခက္အခဲရွိလို ့ပါ ။

Aye Min Oo

May 25, 2015, 9:38:25 PM5/25/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com

Thomas Latt

May 25, 2015, 9:39:29 PM5/25/15
to travelmyanmar
does Google effect to tourism industry in Myanmar ?

~ AATO ~
My Asia ~ My Territory

Nyi Nyi ℠

May 26, 2015, 4:59:09 AM5/26/15
to travelmyanmar
Here's an extract from Myanmar Times today, guys.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Agoda.com has already opened an office in downtown Yangon, and Expedia.com is working with a small local tour company to draw up contracts with guesthouses, motels and hotels around the county, said Daw Sabei Aung. “Until we can improve our services like Vietnam or get the government to favour local companies like the Philippines, the government should offer tax incentives to hotels and airlines to protect our industry,” she said.

“Online competition can be dangerous and it’s already begun. The time to take precautions is now.”

Here are some more to this issue expressed in an interview with Daw Sabei Aung, managing director of Nature

“Online marketing has already started to affect our tourism industry. Local operators are losing opportunities,” she told The Myanmar Times.

In Thailand, some local tour companies disappeared. “That’s why our government should approach the online tourism market with care,” Daw Sabei Aung said, adding that the Thai government had acted through the Tourism Authority of Thailand to protect small operators.

Read more on Myanmar Times

Nyi Nyi

Khin Hpone Yin

May 28, 2015, 11:32:00 PM5/28/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
က်ြန္မသိရသေလာက္က Agoda က ေစ်းေတြက contract rate ေတြမဟုတ္ပါဘူး hotel manager မွာ User name log in နဲ ့ password နဲ ့account ေတြရွိျပီး Hotel manager ေတြက ၀င္ျဖည့္ျပီးေရာင္းတာပါ  agoda က percentage နဲ ့ commission ယူတာပါ တခါတေလ( ေတာ္ေတာ္မ်ားမ်ားhotel ေတြေပါ့ေနာ္ ) agoda rate က travels agent contract rate ထက္နဲေနတာေတြ ေတြ ့ေနရပါတယ္ ကိုယ္က contract rate နဲ ့ဧည့္သည္ကိုေစ်းေျပာလိုက္တာ ဧည့္သည္က agoda က ပိုေစ်းသက္သာလို ့၀ယ္လိုက္ျပီလို ့ေၿပာပါတယ္ ေရာင္းရတာခက္ခဲလာျပီးတၿခား service ေတြပါ ဒီ agent ကေစ်းမ်ားေလမလားဆိုျပီး မ၀ယ္ေတာ့တဲ့အခါမ်ိဳးလဲ ၾကံဳရပါတယ္။

Best Regards,

Khin Hpone Yin ( Ms. Khin)
Managing Director

Auto Net Travels Co;Ltd
295,1st Floor,40 Street ( upper block), Kyauktada T/S,
Yangon,Myanmar.

Domestic Ticketing
Contact No: 245396,0973020507,09 255 928277

International Ticketing
Contact No: 245396,09 36223802

Tourism courses
Contact No: 09 250 81 5060, 01 245396

Mobile       : 09 250 81 5060
Email          : khinhp...@gmail.com
                   : in...@autonettravels.com
Skype        :khinhponeyin_anc
Web            : http://myanmartravelpartners.com/

Chiang Mai office ( Thailand)

Bis Travels

132. SITTWONG RD. T. CHIANGMOI.
CHIANGMAI
Ph    : 053 234225, 053234226
FAX  : 053233966

*Please consider the environment before printing this email. *

hpoun kyaw

May 28, 2015, 11:32:01 PM5/28/15
to travelmyanmar
Hi,
   It's high time to touch on the issue of Agoda, I suppose.
hk

Hpoun Kyaw (Mr.)
No. 17, Ground Floor, 150th St,
TarmweTsp, Yangon, Myanmar.
Mobile: +95 9 5140476, +95 9 5000286

Bo Saw

May 29, 2015, 2:00:56 PM5/29/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Fully comment on Ms.Khin posts.We felt this is unfair way on marketing for local operators.
Cheating ?

Nyi Nyi ℠

May 30, 2015, 5:10:16 AM5/30/15
to travelmyanmar

If Ma Khin Phone Yin is right, this is an ethical issue for hoteliers.

On May 30, 2015 12:31 AM, "Bo Saw" <saww.m...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Fully comment on Ms.Khin posts.We felt this is unfair way on marketing for local operators.
Cheating ?

Myo

May 30, 2015, 7:12:46 AM5/30/15
to travelmyanmar

As far as I know, Ma Khin Phone is right. All the hotels get their individual accounts on Agoda with their password. The Hoteliers can modified the rates and Agoda take commission. There is an office for Agoda in Myanmar. Hotels get the money within a week after the Guests check-out. According to the words of the One of the hotelier, they get the money within a week of the guests check-out. Sometimes travel agents don't give the money even a year after check-out. It seems he is happy to work with Agoda. There is another issue for online booking likes agoda. It is Booking.com.

myo myanmar guude

Nyi Nyi ℠

May 30, 2015, 10:12:11 AM5/30/15
to travelmyanmar

When a hotelier wants to sell cheaper than its major supporters., What is the game of having confidentiality with an agent? If a hotelier has a choice to whom he or she supports, where should it go? Like I said, it's an ethical issue. To add one point, there is no official BODY who vision a Damn on it.

Regarding what Ko Myo Myanmar said, I would say that would be right in the past. Nowadays the majority of hotels refuse booking without prior payment. let's have a look how hoteliers and online booking engines pay tax.
Naff said, Governmet loses tax, on the other hand tax payers are being abused.  Don't you think so guys?

Bo Saw

May 30, 2015, 10:11:36 PM5/30/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
ခရီးသြားလုပ္ငန္းရွင္မ်ားအသင္းနွင့္ ဟိုတယ္လုပ္ငန္းရွင္မ်ား ဒီTopic နဲ ့ပတ္သက္ျပီး ေဆြးေနြးသင့္ပါတယ္ ။
ဒါကတခနနဲ ့မျဖစ္နိုင္ပဲ အေသးစိတ္ frame ခ်ရမယ္လို ့ယူဆပါတယ္ ။
ဟိုတယ္ contract ေတြ မူဝါဒကြဲျပားတာ ။
အခ်ိဳ ့ကလံုးဝမေပးတာ ။
အခုလို တစ္နွစ္ေလာက္ Agent ေတြကျကိုေရာင္းရတဲ့အခ်ိန္မွာ Contract ျကိုမသိနိုင္တာ ။
( Air lines ဆိုပိုဆိုးပါတယ္ )
Agent က Volume မ်ားလို ့ Contract rate မတူတာကိုေတာ့နားလည္ေပးနိုင္ပါတယ္ ။
Long term frame တစ္ခုေတာ့ရွိသင့္ပါတယ္ ။

Aye Min Oo

Jun 1, 2015, 2:24:54 AM6/1/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
What if they don't?

Aye Min Oo

Jun 1, 2015, 2:25:00 AM6/1/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
"If Ma Khin Phone Yin is right, this is an ethical issue for hoteliers." I concur.

Dar Le Khin

Jun 1, 2015, 5:08:56 AM6/1/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Agree with Ko Nyi Naing. It is an ethical issue of hoteliers. Not only with
Agoda, we have came through many unpleasant events with hotelier especially
with worldwide branding. Rates are given directly to oversea travel agents
(almost the same and sometimes lower) and payment transferred to hoteliers'
oversea's account. So, no commissions need to give to local travel agent,
no taxes to government. So, the benefit?

On the other hand, Agoda provides many advantages such as :
1. instant confirmation online
2. very flexible cancellation policy
3. no deposit require

None of the local travel can be flexible as above due to strict
cancellation and deposit policies applied by the hotelier. I do wonder, why
Agoda can provide such conditions while the ground agents here in Myanmar
can't do.

Means that Agoda has purchased room in advance as I often heard that
hotelier has to keep an internet allotment. OR Agoda make the contract for
allotment to be sold out through their booking engine.

Another thing: Agoda is trusted world wide booking engine and tourists are
never afraid to make payment to Agoda while trusts to local agents are
still on doubt.

But there are ways that we can beat Agoda. This can only be done by the
co-operation of Hotelier together with the government body. Myanmar banking
system also play part of it. Until now, CB bank charges 4.5% surcharge for
credit card payment and the payment gateway has to be integrated by your
own developer which we are not very used to it.

So, there are many obstacles that local travel agents need to struggle.
MHA, Ministry of Hotel & Tourism, local travel agents, local banks must
work together. Otherwise, Agoda will grow bigger and bigger.

Thomas Latt

Jun 3, 2015, 1:14:40 AM6/3/15
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Well said, Ma Darle.