home stays allowed in Mandalay?

Nyi Nyi ®

Nov 25, 2014, 1:09:52 AM11/25/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Currently, many home-stay places are mushrooming in Mandalay to cater to the tourists, according to tour guides and residents.

“At the start of this travel season, more travellers are entering through Mandalay’s Tada-U airport. Most travellers prefer to stay at home-stay places because it is less expensive compared to hotels,” said a tour guide.
“Only foreigners sent by their companies, not ordinary tourists, and accompanied by responsible persons are allowed to reside at home-stay places. If any foreigners residing at home-stay places break the visa rules, both of them will be charged,” said an official from the Immigration and National Registration Department, Mandalay Region.

Continue reading this news on Weekly Eleven.

http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8200:high-tourist-season-attracting-many-visitors-to-mandalay-region&catid=35:tourism&Itemid=358

Thomas Latt

Nov 26, 2014, 12:28:08 AM11/26/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Are those really homestay? We need "national definition of homestay".

Dear All,
Please advise and share if you have any opinion or output on this matter.

Cheers!
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/travelmyanmar/341cee3e-e3a9-4e02-9909-15e506ff5475%40googlegroups.com.

~ AATO ~
*My Asia ~ My Territory *

Khaing Soe Linn Khaing

Dec 1, 2014, 1:01:01 AM12/1/14
to travel...@googlegroups.com
Dear all;
I don't think so Foreigners can stay at home (Home Stay Tourism Business) in Mandalay that message would not right because just let stay  to Japanese Students from ____cruise last week  that only showing  two countries relationship  not for home stay  tourism business.We have to process so many step for it I rang and asked some of my young brother tour guides
they said "NO".  Please don't issue as rumor or wrong or undefinable message.
ComenseemeMyanmar(Mr.Khaing)