Transparent Statistics @ CHI 2018

Chat Wacharamanotham

Apr 19, 2018, 2:03:55 PM4/19/18
to Transparent Statistics in HCI
Hello transparent statistics enthusiast!

Here’s a quick reminder for the Transparent Statistics Guideline SIG @ CHI 2018!  Date/Time: Tuesday 23 April 2018  11:00 - 12:20 Room: 514A. (Click here to import iCal to your calendar.)

Here are things that you can to to prepare yourself for the SIG:
  • Skim or read the current version of the guideline and note down any idea/comments/suggestions that come to your mind. For your convenience, here’s a snapshot in HTML and PDF that you can view offline.) This should take 20–40 minutes, depending on your statistical expertise and how deep you wish to read.
  • Skim the list of FAQ topics and write down what you want to say about any of them. This should take 5 minutes.
  • Spread the word! We want to invite people with less statistical background to help us test the guideline too! Ask them to bring their own paper or dataset with them in the SIG.
See you in Montreal!
—Chat, Matt, Steve, Shion, and Pierre

Alan Dix

Apr 19, 2018, 2:11:10 PM4/19/18
to Chat Wacharamanotham, Transparent Statistics in HCI

Is that Tuesday *24th* April ?

Alan

the Wales walk is over, but the project continues:

Professor Alan Dix

      University of Birmingham, UK

Tiree Tech Wave: http://tireetechwave.org/

Chat Wacharamanotham

Apr 19, 2018, 2:13:15 PM4/19/18
to Transparent Statistics in HCI
Yes! Tuesday 24th. (Timezones always got me.)  The .ics is correct though.

Thanks Alan!

— Chat

Chat Wacharamanotham

Apr 23, 2018, 12:00:27 PM4/23/18
to Transparent Statistics in HCI
Just a reminder for SIG Transparent statistics tomorrow!

Tuesday 24 April 2018  11:00 - 12:20 Room: 514A. (Click here to import iCal to your calendar.)

Join us on Slack: tinyurl.com/statslack

See you then!

Chat Wacharamanotham