Transparent statistics papers in alt.chi

Chat Wacharamanotham

Jan 15, 2019, 3:05:38 PM1/15/19
to transparen...@googlegroups.com
Hi transparent statistics enthusiasts!

I’d like to introduce three alt.chi submissions that continues the discourse of transparent statistics (and, in general, open science). They can use your support in providing a short review or comments until 21 January.

1117: To Share or Not to Share? A Program Committee Discussing Open Science Practices of a Fictional CHI Paper

1146: The Continued Prevalence of Dichotomous Inferences at CHI

1092: Replication and Transparency of Qualitative Research from a Constructivist Perspective

To review, sign in to PCS and bid for “want” to review any of these submissions: https://new.precisionconference.com/chi19d/reviewer/bidding

With your support, I hope that these submissions will open a venue to continue our discourse on transparent statistics and open research at CHI 2019!

Cheers,
Chat

Pierre Dragicevic

Jan 16, 2019, 10:32:17 AM1/16/19
to Chat Wacharamanotham, Transparent Statistics in HCI
Some have experienced issues, so here are more details on how to review:

First volunteer to review for alt.chi here:

You should then see a page with a "conflicts" link (ignore it) and a "bidding" link here:

The bidding page can be directly accessed from the link Chat sent:

After some time you should receive emails with invitations to review the papers for which you selected "want".

There has been lots of issues with PCS, so if you have any problem email the chairs at alt...@chi2019.acm.org. Actually I would strongly suggest emailing them directly after you placed your bids (with a screenshot of your bids or a list of paper IDs you want) because in many cases, they're not able to see what people bid!

Deadline is 21 January but posting your review earlier is recommended to allow for discussions. Your review can be very short.

Thanks!

Pierre