Thoughts For The Day~*~Ready? ^*^*^ July 7

Transitions Daily

Jul 6, 2018, 11:15:23 PM7/6/18
to Transiti...@googlegroups.com
​​
~
A.A. Thoughts For The Day~

^*^*^*^*^

(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA
\ _)
/
AA\

^*^*^*^*^

Ready?

"W
e shall need to make a brand new venture into open-mindedness. We shall need to raise our eyes toward perfection, and be ready to walk in that direction. It will seldom matter how haltingly we walk. The only question will be 'Are we ready?'"
Bill W. 1952
​ ​
AAWS
Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 68

Thought to C
onsider . . .

eed your faith and your doubts will starve to death.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

WHO ME?
Willingness, Honesty,
Open-mindedness, Must E
xist

*~*^Just For Today!^*~*

Perspectives
From: "Preface"

"If you have a drinking problem, we hope that you may pause in reading one of the forty-two personal stories and think: Yes, that happened to me; or, more important, Yes, I've felt like that, or most important, Yes, I believe this program can work for me too."
2001, AAWS Inc.
Alcoholics Anonymous, page xii

*^Daily Reflections^*

. . . AND LETTING GO OF IT

. . . primarily fear that we would lose something we already possessed or would fail to get something we demanded. Living upon a basis of unsatisfied demands, we were in a state of continual disturbance and frustration. Therefore, no peace was to be had unless we could find a means of reducing these demands. The difference between a demand and a simple request is plain to anyone.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 76

Peace is possible for me only when I let go of expectations. When I'm trapped in thoughts about what I want and should be coming to me, I'm in a state of fear or anxious anticipation and this is not conducive to emotional sobriety.
​ ​
I must surrender over and over to the reality of my dependence on God, for then I find peace, gratitude and spiritual security.
Copyright 1990
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*^As Bill Sees It^*~*

To Survive Trials

"In our belief, any scheme of combating alcoholism which proposes wholly to shield the sick man from temptation is doomed to failure. If the alcoholic tries to shield himself he may succeed for a time, but he usually winds up with a bigger explosion than ever. We have tried these methods. These attempts to do the impossible have always failed. Release from alcohol, and not flight from it, is our answer."
<<< >>>
"'Faith without works is dead.' How appallingly true for the alcoholic! For if an alcoholic fails to perfect and enlarge his spiritual life through work and self-sacrifice for others, he cannot survive the certain trials and low spots ahead. If he does not work, he will surely drink again, and if he drinks, he will surely die. Then faith will be dead indeed."
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
1. P. 101
2. PP. 14-15

*~*^Big Book Quote^*~*

"Remember that we deal with alcohol, cunning, baffling, powerful! Without help it is too much for us. But there is One who has all power that One is God. May you find Him now!"
Alcoholics Anonymous 4th Edition
How It Works, Page 58

*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*

A.A. Thought for the Day

We had become hopelessly sick people, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. The power that controlled us was greater than ourselves - it was John Barleycorn. Many drinkers have said: "I hadn't gone that far; I hadn't lost my job on account of drink; I still had my family; I managed to keep out of jail. True, I took too much sometimes and I guess I managed to make quite an ass of myself when I did, but I still thought I could control my drinking. I didn't really believe that I was an alcoholic." If I was one of these, have I fully changed my mind?

Meditation for the Day

Painful as the present time may be; you will one day see the reason for it. You will see that it was not only testing, but also a preparation for the life-work that you are to do. Have faith that your prayers and aspirations will some day be answered. Answered in a way that perhaps seems painful to you but is the only right way. Selfishness and pride often make us want things that are not good for us. They need to be burned out of our natures. We must be rid of the blocks that are holding us back, before we can expect our prayers to be answered.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may be willing to go through a time of testing. I pray that I may trust God for the outcome.
Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

​​
You have 2 Options to Participate in the Transitions Daily Email & Discussion Group:

1.  Join the Private Announcement Only Google Group TransitionsDaily, send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join” in the subject line. You will be manually added to the closed Google Group TransitionsDaily.

IF YOU ALREADY RECEIVE THE DAILY TOPIC EMAIL, NO ACTION IS NECESSARY ON YOUR PART TO CONTINUE. MORE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND AT www.DailyAAEmails.com

The members of this group cannot be seen by other members or by non-members. You are completely anonymous with no sale or disclosure of membership to other members or the redistribution of emails of any kind. Once you have been added, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow 24 – 48 hours for entry. You will then receive one topic email daily.

2.  Join the Transitions Daily Secret Facebook Group, send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join Facebook Group” in the subject line. Make sure and either send from the email associated with your Facebook account or specify your Facebook email in the message. You will receive an invitation via email to join the secret Facebook group where all discussion takes place. Every day the topic email is also posted in the Secret Facebook group.

If your anonymity in regards to other members of the Facebook group is an issue, it is suggested that you create a Facebook personal profile with no personal information, using only your first name and last name initial. Only members of the group are able to see your information. Non-members cannot see your posts or that you are a member. It is suggested that you turn on your notifications to be reminded of new posts.

Topics are posted Daily via Email and Facebook!​