Thoughts For The Day~*~Destiny ^*^*^ September 12

TransitionsDaily

Sep 11, 2019, 11:15:22 PM9/11/19
to Transiti...@googlegroups.com

~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~
^*^*^*^*^

(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA
\ _)
/
AA\

^*^*^*^*^

Destiny

"Y
es, we are again citizens of the world. It is a distraught world, very tired, very uncertain. It has worshipped its own self-sufficiency - and that has failed. We A.A.'s are a people who once did that very thing. That philosophy failed us too. So perhaps, here and there, our example of recovery can help. As individuals, we have a responsibility, maybe a 'double responsibility'. It may be that we have a date with destiny."
Bill W. October 1944
1988 AA Grapevine, The Language of the Heart, p. 100

Thought to C
onsider . . .

hat if I were caring rather than judgmental?

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

A. A.
Altruistic Action

*~*^Just For Today!^*~*

Decisions
From: "Look Before You Leap"

Wise men and women rightly give a top rating to the virtue of prudence. They know that without this all important attribute little wisdom is to be had. Mere looking before we leap is not enough. If our looking is charged with fear, suspicion, or anger, we had better not have looked or acted at all.
Letter, 1966

We lose the fear of making decisions, great and small, as we realize that should our choice prove wrong we can, if we will, learn from the experience. Should our decision be the right one, we can thank God for giving us the courage and the grace that caused us so to act.
Letter, 1966

*^Daily Reflections^*

I AM RESPONSIBLE

For the readiness to take the full consequences of our past acts, and to take responsibility for the well-being of others at the same time, is the very spirit of Step Nine.
TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 87

In recovery, and through the help of Alcoholics Anonymous, I learn that the very thing I fear is my freedom. It comes from my tendency to recoil from taking responsibility for anything: I deny, I ignore, I blame, I avoid. Then one day, I look, I admit, I accept. The freedom, the healing and the recovery I experience is in the looking, admitting and accepting. I learn to say, "Yes, I am responsible." When I can speak those words with honesty and sincerity, then I am free.
Copyright 1990
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*^As Bill Sees It^*~*

Wider Understanding

"To reach more alcoholics, understanding of A.A. and public good will towards A.A. must go on growing everywhere. We need to be on still better terms with medicine, religion, employers, governments, courts, prisons, mental hospitals, and all enterprises in the alcoholism field. We need the increasing good will of editors, writers, television and radio channels. These publicity outlets need to be opened ever wider."
<<< >>>
"Nothing matters more to A.A.'s future welfare than the manner in which we use the colossus of modern communication. Used unselfishly and well, it can produce results surpassing our present imagination. Should we handle this great instrument badly, we shall be shattered by the ego manifestations of our own people? Against this peril, A.A. members' anonymity before the general public is our shield and our buckler."

1. TWELVE CONCEPTS, p. 52
2. GRAPEVINE, NOVEMBER 1960

*~*^Big Book Quote^*~*

". . . we have ceased fighting anything or anyone, even alcohol."
Alcoholics Anonymous 4th Edition
Into Action, pg. 84

*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*

A.A. Thought for the Day

"What draws newcomers to A.A. and gives them hope? They hear the stories of men and women whose experiences tally with their own. The expressions on the faces of the women, that undefinable something in the eyes of the men, the stimulating atmosphere of the A.A. clubroom, conspire to let them know that there is haven at last. The very practical approach to their problems, the absence of intolerance of any kind, the informality, the genuine democracy, the uncanny understanding that these people in A.A. have is irresistible." Have I found a real haven in A.A.?

Meditation for the Day

"If thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light." The eye of the soul is the will. If your will is to do the will of God, to serve Him with your life, to serve Him by helping others, then truly shall your whole body be full of light. The important thing is to strive to attune your will to the will of God, a single eye to God's purpose, desiring nothing less than that His purposes be fulfilled. Try to seek in all things the advance of His Kingdom, seek the spiritual values of honesty and purity, unselfishness and love, and earnestly desire spiritual growth. Then your life will emerge from the darkness of futility into the light of victory.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that my eye may be single. I pray that my life may be lived in the light of the best that I know.
Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

You have 3 Options to Participate in Transitions Daily:

1.  Receive a daily email from Transitions Daily: send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join” in the subject line. You will be manually added to the closed Google Group TransitionsDaily.

The members of this group cannot be seen by other members or by non-members. You are completely anonymous with no sale or disclosure of membership to other members or the redistribution of emails of any kind. Once you have been added, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow 24 – 48 hours for entry. You will then receive one topic email daily.

2.  Join the Transitions Daily Secret Facebook Group: send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join Facebook Group” in the subject line. Make sure and either send from the email associated with your Facebook account or specify your Facebook email in the message. You will receive an invitation via email to join the secret Facebook group where all discussion takes place. Every day the topic email is also posted in the Secret Facebook group. It is suggested that you turn on your notifications to be reminded of new posts.

3. Subscribe to the Transitions Daily Podcast: We cannot sign you up for a podcast. Depending on your phone, you will need to pick a podcast provider. There are many free options. You will have to investigate yourself or ask a friend that listens to podcasts to explain the process.

For iPhone
For iPhone, most use iTunes. You should have a podcast icon on your phone. It is recommended searching "how to sign up for podcasts on an iPhone" in your favorite search engine or in iTunes for more information.

For Android
Android is not that simple. There are several different podcast apps. We know several who use the free version of the Stitcher app. It is recommended searching "how to sign up for podcasts on android" in your favorite search engine.

Regardless of what service you use, search for "Transitions Daily" and subscribe. We also list a number of recovery podcasts at the bottom of www.DailyAAEmails.com.

Topics are posted Daily via Podcast, Email, and Facebook!