Thoughts For The Day~*~Fellowship ^*^*^ June 8

Transitions Daily

Jun 7, 2017, 11:15:11 PM6/7/17
to Transiti...@googlegroups.com
​​
~A.AThoughtFor The Day~
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Fellowship

"We are average Americans.  All sections of this country and many of its occupations are represented, as well as many political, economic, social, and religious backgrounds.  We are people who normally would not mix.  But there exists among us a fellowship, a friendliness, and an understanding which is indescribably wonderful... The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution."
1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 17

Thought to Ponder ...

he Journey is the Destination.

*~*AACRONYM
S*~*

B E S T
Been Enjoying Sobriety Today?

*~*^Just For Today!^*~*

Commitment
From "Destinations":

"That first step is very important, whether it is the first step of a beloved child learning to walk or the First Step, taken by a man on his way to a new life. Looking into my little ones faces, I can see the same qualities that we need for the Twelve Steps of A.A.; daring, to stake everything on the attempt; a sense of direction, to be followed with no swerving, no detour; decision, to move forward without hesitation or reservation; determination, to make it all the way. Destination; a full life, a free life, a serene life."
Albany, Australia
1973 AAWS, Inc.
Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 93

*^Daily Reflections^*

OPENING UP TO CHANGE

Self-searching is the means by which we bring new vision, action, and grace to bear upon the dark and negative side of our natures.  With it comes the development of that kind of humility that makes it possible for us to receive God's help. ...we find that bit by bit we can discard the old life - the one that did not work - for a new life that can and does work under any conditions whatever.
AS BILL SEES IT, pp. 10, 8

I have been given a daily reprieve contingent upon my spiritual condition, provided I seek progress, not perfection.  To become ready for change, I practice willingness, opening myself to possibilities of change.  If I realize there are defects that hinder my usefulness in A.A. and toward others, I become ready by meditating and receiving direction.  "Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely" (Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 58).  To let go and let God, I need only surrender my old ways to Him; I no longer fight nor do I try to control, but simply believe that, with God's help, I am changed and affirming this belief makes me ready.  I empty myself to be full of awareness, light, and love, and I am ready to face each day with hope.

Copyright 1990
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*^As BilSees It^*~*

Between the Extremes

"The real question is whether we can learn anything from our experiences upon which we may grow and help others to grow in the likeness and image of God." We know that if we rebel against doing that which is reasonably possible for us, then we will be penalized. And we will be equally penalized if we presume in ourselves a perfection that simply is not there.  "Apparently, the course of relative humility and progress will have to lie somewhere between these extremes. In our slow progress away from rebellion, true perfection is doubtless several millennia away."
LETTER, 1959

*~*^Big Book Quote^*~*

"We have seen the truth demonstrated again and again: 'Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic.' Commencing to drink after a period of sobriety, we are in a short time as bad as ever."
Alcoholics Anonymous 4th Edition
More About Alcoholism, pg. 33

*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*

A.A. Thought for the Day

Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. We always get worse, never better. We are never cured. Our alcoholism can only be arrested. No matter how long we have been sober, if we try liquor again, we're as bad or worse than we ever were. There is no exception to this rule in the whole history of A.A. We can never recapture the good times of the past. They are gone forever. Will I try to recapture them?

Meditation for the Day

Your life has been given to you mainly for the purpose of training your soul. This life we live is not so much for the body as for the soul. We often choose the way of life that best suits the body, not the way that best suits the soul. God wants you to choose what suits the soul as well as the body.  Accept this belief and a wonderful molding of character is the result.  Reject it and God's purpose for your life is frustrated, and your spiritual progress is delayed. Your soul is being trained by the good you choose. Thus the purpose of your life is being accomplished.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may choose what is good for my soul.  I pray that I may realize God's purpose for my life.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

​You have 2 Options to Participate in the Transitions Daily Email & Discussion Group:

1.  Join the Private Announcement Only Google Group TransitionsDaily, send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join” in the subject line.  You will be manually added to the closed Google Group TransitionsDaily.

IF YOU ALREADY RECEIVE THE DAILY TOPIC EMAIL, NO ACTION IS NECESSARY ON YOUR PART TO CONTINUE. MORE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND AT www.DailyAAEmails.com

The members of this group cannot be seen by other members or by non-members.  You are completely anonymous with no sale or disclosure of membership to other members or the redistribution of emails of any kind.  Once you have been added, you will receive a confirmation email.  Please allow 24 – 48 hours for entry. You will then receive one topic email daily.

2.  Join the Transitions Daily Secret Facebook Group, send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join Facebook Group” in the subject line. Make sure and either send from the email associated with your Facebook account or specify your Facebook email in the message.  You will receive an invitation via email to join the secret Facebook group where all discussion takes place.  Every day the topic email is also posted in the Secret Facebook group.

If your anonymity in regards to other members of the Facebook group is an issue, it is suggested that you create a Facebook personal profile with no personal information, using only your first name and last name initial.  Only members of the group are able to see your information.  Non-members cannot see your posts or that you are a member.  Make sure your notifications are turned so you will be reminded of new posts.

Topics are posted Daily via Email and Facebook!​