Thoughts For The Day~*~Neighbors ^*^*^ June 17

Transitions Daily

Jun 16, 2016, 11:15:15 PM6/16/16
to Transiti...@googlegroups.com
~A.AThoughtFor The Day~
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA
\ _)
/
AA\

^*^*^*^*^
Neighbors

"N
ear you, alcoholics are dying helplessly like people on a sinking ship.  If you live in a large place, there are hundreds.  High and low, rich and poor, these are future fellows of Alcoholics Anonymous.  Among them you will make lifelong friends.  You will be bound to them with new and wonderful ties, for you will escape disaster together and you will commence shoulder to shoulder your common journey.  Then you will know what it means to give of yourself that others may survive and rediscover life.  You will learn the full meaning of 'Love they neighbor as thyself.' "
1976 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 152-3

Thought to C
onsider . . .

et us always love the best in others - and never fear their worst.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

B O G G L E  =  Bad Or Good, God Loves Everyone

*~*^Just For Today!^*~*

Rescued From Shipwreck
From "There Is a Solution:"

"We are people who normally would not mix.... We are  like the passengers of a great liner the moment after rescue from shipwreck when camaraderie, joyousness and  democracy pervade the vessel from steerage to Captain's table.  Unlike the feelings of the ship's passengers,  however, our joy in escape from disaster does not  subside as we go our individual ways.... "The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we  have discovered a common solution."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd edition: 17

*^Daily Reflections^*

"DEEP DOWN WITHIN US"

We found the Great Reality deep down within us.  In the last analysis it is only there that He may be found . . . search diligently within yourself . . . With this attitude you cannot fail.  The consciousness of your belief is sure to come to you.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 55

It was out of the depths of loneliness, depression and despair that I sought the help of A.A.  As I recovered and began to face the emptiness and ruin of my life, I began to open myself to the possibility of the healing that recovery offers through the A.A. program.  By coming to meetings, staying sober, and taking the Steps, I had the opportunity to listen with increasing attentiveness to the depths of my soul.  Daily I waited, in hope and gratitude, for that sure belief and steadfast love I had longed for in my life.  In this process, I met my God, as I understand Him.
Copyright 1990
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*^As BilSees It^*~*

Accepting God's Gifts

"Though many theologians hold that sudden spiritual experience amount to a special distinction, if not a divine appointment of some sort, I question this view. Every human being, no matter what his attributes for good or evil, is a part of the divine spiritual economy. Therefore, each of us has his place, and I cannot see that God intends to exalt one over another. "So it is necessary for all of us to accept whatever positive gifts we receive with a deep humility, always bearing in mind that our negative attitudes were first necessary as a means of reducing us to such a state that we would be ready for a gift of the positive ones via the conversion experience. Your own alcoholism and the immense deflation that finally resulted are indeed the foundation upon which your spiritual experience rests."
LETTER, 1964

*~*^Big Book Quote^*~*

"Though there is no way of proving it, we believe that early in our drinking careers most of us could have stopped drinking. But the difficulty is that few alcoholics have enough desire to stop while there is yet time."
Alcoholics Anonymous 4th Edition
More About Alcoholism, pg. 32

*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*

A.A. Thought for the Day

We in A.A. have the privilege of living two lives in one lifetime. One life of drunkenness, failure, and defeat. Then, through A.A., another life of sobriety, peace of mind, and usefulness. We who have recovered our sobriety are modem miracles. And were living on borrowed time. Some of us might have been dead long ago. But we have been given another chance to live. Do I owe a debt of gratitude to A.A. that I can never repay as long as I live?

Meditation for the Day

Thinking about God in love and worship drives away evil. It is the thought before that the hosts of evil flee. The thought of a Power greater than yourself is the call for a life-line to rescue you from temptation. The thought of God banishes loneliness and dispels gloom. it summons help to conquer your faults. Think of God as often as possible. Use the thought prayerfully and purposefully. It will carry your thoughts away from material things and toward the spiritual things that make life worthwhile.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may think of God often. I pray that I may rest in peace at the thought of His love and care.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

You can now receive
Transitions Daily 3 ways:

1. Sign up at www.DailyAAEmails.com - To subscribe now send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with subscribe in the subject line. Unless you specify a different email in the message, your return email address will be manually added to the closed Google Group TransitionsDaily. 2.  Join the Transitions Daily Closed Facebook Group email Transiti...@gmail.com with the email address to send the invite to. 3.  Follow Transitions Daily on Twitter https://twitter.com/transdaily1

Devotions are posted Daily via Email, Facebook and Twitter!