Thoughts For The Day~*~Traditions ^*^*^ June 14

Transitions Daily

Jun 13, 2016, 11:15:15 PM6/13/16
to Transiti...@googlegroups.com
~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(     \(
AA)/     )
(_ /
AA
\ _)
/
AA\

^*^*^*^*^
Traditions

"T
he Twelve Traditions point straight at many of our individual defects. By implication they ask each of us to lay aside pride and resentments.  They ask for personal as well as group sacrifice.  They ask us never to use the AA name in any quest for personal power or distinction or money.  The Traditions guarantee the equality of all members and the independence of all groups.  They show how we may best relate ourselves to each other and to the world outside."
Bill W.,
1967 AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, p. 96

Thought to C
onsider . . .

f you have the courage to begin, you have the courage to succeed.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

A A's - R - U S
=  Alcoholics Anonymous Recovery Unity Service

*~*^Just For Today!^*~*

Core
From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":

"On many a day I felt like throwing the book out the window.  "I was in this anything-but-spiritual mood on the night when the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous were written. I was sore and tired clear through. I lay in bed at 182 Clinton Street with pencil in hand and with a tablet of scratch paper on my knee. I could not get my mind on the job, much less put my heart in it. But here was one of those things that had to be done. Slowly my mind came into some kind of focus.

"Since Ebby's visit to me in the fall of 1934 we had gradually evolved what we called 'the word-of-mouth program.' Most of the basic ideas had come from the Oxford Groups, William James, and Dr. Silkworth."
2001 AAWS, Inc.
Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pg. 160

*^Daily Reflections^*

WHEN THE GOING GETS ROUGH

It is a design for living that works in rough going.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 15

When I came to A.A., I realized that A.A. worked wonderfully to help keep me sober.  But could it work on real life problems, not concerned with drinking?  I had my doubts.  After being sober for more than two years I got my answer.  I lost my job, developed physical problems, my diabetic father lost a leg, and someone I loved left me for another -- and all of this happened during a two-week period.  Reality crashed in, yet A.A. was there to support, comfort, and strengthen me.  The principles I had learned during my early days of sobriety became a mainstay of my life for not only did I come through, but I never stopped being able to help newcomers.  A.A. taught me not to be overwhelmed, but rather to accept and understand my life as it unfolded.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*^As Bill Sees It^*~*

"Success" in Twelfth-Stepping

"We now see that in twelfth-stepping the immediate results are not so important.  Some people start out working with others and have immediate success. They are likely to get cocky. Those of us who are not so successful at first get depressed.  As a matter of fact, the successful worker differs from the unsuccessful only in being lucky about his prospects. He simply hits newcomers who are ready and able to stop at once. Given the same prospects, the seemingly unsuccessful person would have produced almost the same results. You have to work on a lot of newcomers before the law of averages commences to assert itself."
<<< >>>
All true communication must be founded on mutual need. We saw that each sponsor would have to admit humbly his own needs as clearly as those of his prospect.

1. LETTER, 1942
2. A.A. TODAY, P. 10

*~*^Big Book Quote^*~*

"'My old manner of life was by no means a bad one, but I would not exchange its best moments for the worst I have now. I would not go back to it even if I could.'"
Alcoholics Anonymous 4th Edition
More About Alcoholism, pg. 43

*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we have to learn that drink is our greatest enemy.  Although we used to think that liquor was our friend, the time came when it turned against us and became our enemy. We don't know just when this happened, but we know that it did because we began to get into trouble - jails and hospitals. We realize now that liquor is our enemy. Is it still my main business to keep sober?

Meditation for the Day

It is not your circumstances that need altering so much as yourself. After you have changed, conditions will naturally change. Spare no effort to become all that God would have you become. Follow every good leading of your conscience. Take each day with no backward look. Face the day's problems with God, and seek God's help and guidance as to what you should do in every situation that may arise. Never look back. Never leave until tomorrow the thing that you are guided to do today.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that God will help me to become all that He would have me be. I pray that I may face today's problem as with good grace.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

You can now receive
Transitions Daily 3 ways:

1. Sign up at www.DailyAAEmails.com - To subscribe now send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with subscribe in the subject line. Unless you specify a different email in the message, your return email address will be manually added to the closed Google Group TransitionsDaily. 2.  Join the Transitions Daily Closed Facebook Group email Transiti...@gmail.com with the email address to send the invite to. 3.  Follow Transitions Daily on Twitter https://twitter.com/transdaily1

Devotions are posted Daily via Email, Facebook and Twitter!