Thoughts For The Day~*~Responsibility ^*^*^ April 16

Transitions Daily

Apr 15, 2016, 11:15:21 PM4/15/16
to Transiti...@googlegroups.com
Click here now to check out our list of Recovery Podcasts!
~
A.A. Thoughts For The Day~

^*^*^*^*^

(\    ~~    /)
(    \ (
AA)/    )
(_ /
AA
\ _)
/
AA\

^*^*^*^*^

Responsibility

"I Am Responsible . . . When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of AA always to be there. And for that: I am responsible."
Declaration of 30th Anniversary
International Convention, 1965

Thought to Consider . . .

Service is spirituality in action.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

EGO
Easing God Out

*~*^Just For Today!^*~*

Healing
From "Tightrope":

"When I first came to this Fellowship, I had lost my health and sanity, my friends, much of my family, my self-respect, and my God. In the years since, all of these have been restored to me. I no longer have the sense of impending doom. I no longer wish for death or stare at myself in the mirror with loathing. I have come to terms with my Higher Power"
2001 AAWS, Inc., Fourth Edition
Alcoholics Anonymous, pg. 368

*^Daily Reflections^*

ANGER: A "DUBIOUS LUXURY"

If we were to live, we had to be free of anger.  The grouch and the brainstorm were not for us.  They may be the dubious luxury of the normal men, but for alcoholics these things are poison.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p.  66

"Dubious luxury." How often have I remembered those words.  It's not just anger that's best left to non alcoholics; I built a list including justifiable resentment, self-pity, judgmentalism, self-righteousness, false pride and false humility.  I'm always surprised to read the actual quote.  So well have the principles of the program been drummed into me that I keep thinking all of these defects are listed too.  Thank God I can't afford them -- or I surely would indulge in them.
Copyright 1990
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*^As Bill Sees It^*~*

"Perfect" Humility

For myself, I try to seek out the truest definition of humility that I can. This will not be the perfect definition, because I shall always be imperfect. At this writing, I would choose one like this: "Absolute humility would consist of a state of complete freedom from myself, freedom from all the claims that my defects of character now lay so heavily upon me. Perfect humility would be a full willingness, in all times and places, to find and to do the will of God." When I meditate upon such a vision, I need not be dismayed because I shall never attain it, nor need I swell with presumption that one of these days its virtues shall all be mine. I only need to dwell on the vision itself, letting it grow and ever more fill my heart. This done, I can compare it with my last-taken personal inventory. Then I get a sane and healthy idea of where I stand on the highway to humility. I see that my journey toward God has scarce begun. As I thus get down to my right size and stature, my self-concern and importance become amusing.
GRAPEVINE, JUNE 1961

*~*^Big Book Quote^*~*

"We families of Alcoholics Anonymous keep few skeletons in the closet. Everyone knows about the others' alcoholic troubles. This is a condition which, in ordinary life, would produce untold grief; there might be scandalous gossip, laughter at the expense of other people, and a tendency to take advantage of intimate information. Among us, these are rare occurrences. We do talk about each other a great deal, but we almost invariably temper such talk by a spirit of love and tolerance."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition
The Family Afterward, pg. 125~

*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we have insurance. Our faith in God is a kind of insurance against the terrible things that might happen to us if we ever drink again. By putting our drink problem in the hands of God, we've taken out a sort of insurance policy, which insures us against the ravages of drink, as our homes are insured against destruction by fire. Am I paying my A.A. insurance premiums regularly?

Meditation for the Day

I must try to love all humanity. Love comes from thinking of every man or woman as your brother or sister, because they are children of God. This way of thinking makes me care enough about them to really want to help them. I must put this kind of love into action by serving others. Love means no severe judging, no resentments, no malicious gossip, and no destructive criticism. It means patience, understanding, compassion, and helpfulness.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may realize that God loves me, since He is the Father of us all. I pray that I in turn may have love for all of His children.
Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

​​

You can now receive
Transitions Daily 3 ways:

1. Sign up at www.DailyAAEmails.com - To subscribe now send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with subscribe in the subject line. Unless you specify a different email in the message, your return email address will be manually added to the closed Google Group TransitionsDaily. 2.  Join the Transitions Daily Private Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/transdaily/ 3.  Follow Transitions Daily on Twitter https://twitter.com/transdaily1

Devotions are posted Daily to both Facebook and Twitter. ​​Remember on Facebook you are anonymous, on Twitter you are not!