Thoughts For The Day~*~Change ^*^*^ June 13

Transitions Daily

Jun 12, 2018, 11:15:23 PM6/12/18
to Transiti...@googlegroups.com
~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~
^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~    /)
(    \(AA)/    )
(_ /AA\ _)
/ AA \
^*^*^*^*^
Change

"How many of us would presume to declare, 'Well, I'm sober and I'm happy. What more can I want, or do? I'm fine the way I am.' We know that the price of such self-satisfaction is an inevitable backslide, punctuated at some point by a very rude awakening. We have to grow or else deteriorate. For us, the status quo can only be for today, never for tomorrow. Change we must; we cannot stand still."
Bill W., Grapevine, February 1961
1967 AAWS, As Bill Sees It, p. 25

Thought to Consider . . .

There are only two things an alcoholic doesn't like - the way things are, and change.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

C H A N G E
Choosing Honesty Allows New Growth Every day

*~*^Just For Today!^*~*

Future
From "Heard at Meetings":

"It is wise to pray for the future, but not to worry about it, because we can't live it until it becomes the present. The depth of our anxiety measures the distance we are from God."

Sydney, Australia
1973 AAWS Inc.
Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, pg. 26

*^Daily Reflections^*

LIVING OUR AMENDS

"Years of living with an alcoholic is almost sure to make any wife or child neurotic. The entire family is to some extent, ill."
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 122

It is important for me to realize that, as an alcoholic, I not only hurt myself, but also those around me. Making amends to my family, and to the families of alcoholics still suffering, will always be important. Understanding the havoc I created and trying to repair the destruction, will be a lifelong endeavor. The example of my sobriety may give others hope, and faith to help themselves.
Copyright 1990
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.

*~*^As BilSees It^*~*

A Saving Principle

"The practice of admitting one's defects to another person is, of course, very ancient. It has been validated in every century, and it characterizes the lives of all spiritually centered and truly religious people. But today religion is by no means the sole advocate of this saving principle. Psychiatrists and psychologists point out the deep need every human being has for practical insight and knowledge of his own personality flaws and for a discussion of them with an understanding and trustworthy person.

So far as alcoholics are concerned, A.A. would go even further. Most of us would declare that without a fearless admission of our defects to another human being, we could not stay sober. It seems plain that the grace of God will not enter to expel our destructive obsessions until we are willing to try this."
TWELVE AND TWELVE, PP. 56-57

*~*^Big Book Quote^*~*

"Actually we were fooling ourselves, for deep down in every man, woman, and child, is the fundamental idea of God. It may be obscured by calamity, by pomp, by worship of other things, but in some form or other it is there. For faith in a Power greater than ourselves, and miraculous demonstrations of that power in human lives, are facts as old as man himself."

Alcoholics Anonymous 4th Edition
We Agnostics, pg. 55

*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*

A.A. Thought for the Day

In A.A. we have to reeducate our minds. We have to learn to think differently. We have to take a long view of drinking instead of a short view. We have to look through the glass to what lies beyond it. We have to look through the night before to the morning after. No matter how good liquor looks from the short view, we must realize that in the long run it is poison to us. Have I learned to look through the bottle to the better life that lies ahead?

Meditation for the Day

If you are honestly trying to live the way you believe God wants you to live, you can get guidance from God in times of quiet communion with Him, provided your thoughts are directed toward God's will and all good things. The attitude of "Thy will, not mine, be done" leads to clear guidance. Act on this guidance and you will be led to better things. Your impulses seem to become less your own and more the leading of God's spirit acting through your thoughts. Obeyed, they will bring you the answers to your prayers.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may try to think God's thoughts after Him. I pray that my thoughts may be guided by His thoughts.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012

You have 2 Options to Participate in the Transitions Daily Email & Discussion Group:

1.  Join the Private Announcement Only Google Group TransitionsDaily, send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join” in the subject line. You will be manually added to the closed Google Group TransitionsDaily.

IF YOU ALREADY RECEIVE THE DAILY TOPIC EMAIL, NO ACTION IS NECESSARY ON YOUR PART TO CONTINUE. MORE DETAILS CAN BE FOUND AT www.DailyAAEmails.com

The members of this group cannot be seen by other members or by non-members. You are completely anonymous with no sale or disclosure of membership to other members or the redistribution of emails of any kind. Once you have been added, you will receive a confirmation email. Please allow 24 – 48 hours for entry. You will then receive one topic email daily.

2.  Join the Transitions Daily Secret Facebook Group, send an email to Transiti...@gmail.com with “Join Facebook Group” in the subject line. Make sure and either send from the email associated with your Facebook account or specify your Facebook email in the message. You will receive an invitation via email to join the secret Facebook group where all discussion takes place. Every day the topic email is also posted in the Secret Facebook group.

If your anonymity in regards to other members of the Facebook group is an issue, it is suggested that you create a Facebook personal profile with no personal information, using only your first name and last name initial. Only members of the group are able to see your information. Non-members cannot see your posts or that you are a member. It is suggested that you turn on your notifications to be reminded of new posts.

Topics are posted Daily via Email and Facebook!​