New simulation and new god argument chapter for our video.

1 view

Brent Allsop

May 17, 2021, 12:06:22 PM5/17/21
to transf...@googlegroups.com, ExI chat list, Jim Bennett

Fellow Transhumanists,

The Global Center for Religious Research is interested in presenting our video in an upcoming conference on the simulation hypothesis.  They’ve asked that we add a chapter covering how the emerging consensus Representational Qualia Theory relates to the simulation argument, and also, the new god argument.

We have now completed the narration for this “Implications for the “Simulation Hypothesis”’ chapter, starting on page 47 of our working draft of the video narration google doc.  If anyone is interested in helping improve the narration for this chapter in the next day or so, before we put it to video, that would be much appreciated.

Upward.
 Brent Allsop

Lincoln Cannon

May 17, 2021, 12:55:31 PM5/17/21
to MTA Members, ExI chat list, Jim Bennett
Hi Brent. Cool project! I see where you mention the New God Argument. But I'm not sure that I see the proposed narration.

Is this the proposed narration?

"Arguments that we are in a simuulation have receivieved significasnt amount of descussion in philosophical circles. This includes a new god argument which argues that whoever is running these simulations would fit the definition of God."

If so, my only suggestion would be a slight modification, as follows:

"Arguments that we are in a simulation have received a significant amount of discussion in philosophical circles. This includes the New God Argument, which argues that whoever is running the simulation may fit the definition of God."

I also noticed a related statement later on:

"Thius is all closely related to the conflict between a powerful God existing, while there is the kind of evil phenomenal beings suffer we are all so aware of."

To make this statement more fair to multiple perspectives, I recommend a modification, as follows:

"This is all closely related to the problem of evil: some perceive a conflict between the existence of God and the experience or observation of suffering."

--
To learn more about the Mormon Transhumanist Association, visit http://transfigurism.org

Brent Allsop

May 17, 2021, 1:13:09 PM5/17/21
to transf...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Lincoln,
Yes, there is this note, before the chapter, indicating what is narration, and so on:

Note:

Clickable references, below video, are in puple.

On screen text and video is in brown.

Narration is the normal numbered lines of text in black.

I have made your suggested modified, thanks!

Brent