send notification emails through gmail?

Fernan Aguero

Aug 27, 2021, 4:44:50 PM8/27/21
to Trac Users
Hi all,

We have a trac instance sending notifications through gmail smtp servers. This is all working fine but every once in a while, access to smtp servers is denied for security reasons and trac notifications fail to go out (e.g. new tickets).

We have turned on "Less secure app access" in Gmail settings for this account, but google turns this off when there is little or no activity (no trac notifications for a while).

Recommendations on how to deal with this? Thanks in advance,

--
fernan

RjOllos

Sep 6, 2021, 6:16:01 PM9/6/21
to Trac Users
I switched to using a SendGrid free plan a few years back and found it works very well.

Fernan Aguero

Sep 7, 2021, 1:24:43 PM9/7/21
to Trac Users
Thanks Ryan! Will give it a try. Cheers -- fernan