Trac Workflow | Replacing trac.ini

Venu Pillai

Jan 2, 2024, 8:00:52 AMJan 2
to Trac Users
Hi,

Created Trac new instance.configured trac.ini with workflow and user started using the new trac instance and approx 110 tickets is created some are close and open.
After few months my manager wants the workflow to be changed without effecting the tickets.Suggested that  it should have same workflow of another working instance.

Can i replace trac.ini  directly ? Also my old ticket or database will be intact after replacing the trac.ini ?

Please help me to resolve this issue .
Thanks

RjOllos

Jan 2, 2024, 5:34:14 PMJan 2
to Trac Users
On Tuesday, January 2, 2024 at 5:00:52 AM UTC-8 vpill...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

Created Trac new instance.configured trac.ini with workflow and user started using the new trac instance and approx 110 tickets is created some are close and open.
After few months my manager wants the workflow to be changed without effecting the tickets.Suggested that  it should have same workflow of another working instance.

Can i replace trac.ini  directly ?

You could, but a better option would be to just copy the [workflow] section. If you have custom workflow controllers installed via plugins you may also need to copy the [ticket] workflow option:

Also my old ticket or database will be intact after replacing the trac.ini ?

Yes.

Venu Pillai

Jan 4, 2024, 4:53:58 AMJan 4
to Trac Users
Thanks  for sharing the solution.
After replacing trac.ini.
I am able to modify the old tickets owner and assign to another
But in some tickets i am not able to changes the OWNER
Example
Action
Leave  as assigned  the owner will remain XXXX

It not showing any modification tab or allow me to change

Tried Bulk option also to change the owner or reset the active state . unable to do.

Kindly help to resolve this issue.

Regards
venu

RjOllos

Jan 5, 2024, 3:52:17 PMJan 5
to Trac Users
On Thursday, January 4, 2024 at 1:53:58 AM UTC-8 vpill...@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks  for sharing the solution.
After replacing trac.ini.
I am able to modify the old tickets owner and assign to another
But in some tickets i am not able to changes the OWNER
Example
Action
Leave  as assigned  the owner will remain XXXX

you may need to change the "from" action, like this:

reassign      = new,assigned,accepted,reopened -> assigned
reassign.operations  = set_owner
reassign.permissions = TICKET_MODIFY

If you don't have assigned on the left side it won't display the workflow action when the ticket is assigned.

If further questions, please share your [ticket-workflow] section.

Venu Pillai