Python 3

Gabriel Falconieri

May 1, 2020, 8:17:28 PM5/1/20
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi. RjOllos.

Could you please provide a forecast about when we will have a Trac version compatible with Python 3?
I'm afraid because there are security issues detected on python 2.7 without a solution. Whereas no solution was built until now for Python 2.7, I don't know how to proceed.

RjOllos

May 5, 2020, 9:24:15 PM5/5/20
to Trac Users
I hope we can have it in 1.5.2, soon. Keep an eye on:

RjOllos

Jun 17, 2020, 12:49:53 PM6/17/20
to Trac Users
Need to get all tests passing and still hoping to have work committed by the end of the month.

Please post further inquiries to this thread rather than creating a new thread.

Gabriel Falconieri

Jun 17, 2020, 1:12:03 PM6/17/20
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply and I'm sorry for my confusion.
It's very good to know. We have been using TRAC with many plugins in our Company for years.
These plugins were  developed by our own programmers in order to automate our process. We are anxious to be able to upgrade to Python 3 despite the effort we will need to put to change our source code to make it Python 3 compliant.

BR.
Gabriel