SVN Repo Browser slow over Tailscale VPN connection

Maxime Lemieux

Oct 6, 2022, 1:33:58 PM10/6/22
to TortoiseSVN
Hi,

We've been experiencing high CPU usage, general slowness in the repo browser while connected over Tailscale VPN to our SVN Server.

Sometimes navigating from folder to folder would freeze the whole OS for 15-20 seconds.

While connected on our local network. Everything is working flawlessly.

Our network administrators did some basic checks on the VPN side and everything seems to be working correctly.

Is this an issue that other people experienced in the past? Is there a log file that we could check to see if we have connections errors.

high cpu usage.png

Video of the issue :
https://streamable.com/1ir7j4

Visual SVN Server : 5.0.3
Tortoise SVN : 1.14.3

Maxime Lemieux

Oct 6, 2022, 1:36:27 PM10/6/22
to TortoiseSVN
Also video with cpu usage in task manager
https://streamable.com/z5v4y6

Stefan

Oct 8, 2022, 5:05:34 AM10/8/22
to TortoiseSVN
you should also check which process uses up that much CPU. It might not necessarily be TortoiseProc.exe.

you can also try reducing the amount of data the repobrowser transfers:
settings dialog->Dialogs3, uncheck all boxes under "repository browser"

Maxime Lemieux

Oct 8, 2022, 8:20:48 AM10/8/22
to TortoiseSVN
It was tortoiseproc.exe.