snippet.txt - add my own commit message snippet

Carsten chaos

Sep 13, 2022, 7:24:39 AM9/13/22
to TortoiseSVN
Hi,

I want to use snippets to add more than one comment line. as I understood it should be possible by using \r and \n .

From the documentation:

..
The log message window also includes a commit message snippet facility. These snippets are shown in the autocomplete dropdown once you type a snippet shortcut, and selecting the snippet in the autocomplete dropdown then inserts the full text of the snippet. The snippets supplied with TortoiseSVN are held in the TortoiseSVN installation bin folder. You can also define your own snippets and store them in %APPDATA%\TortoiseSVN\snippet.txt. # is the comment character. Newlines can be inserted by escaping them like this: \n and \r. To insert a backslash, escape it like this: \\.

To insert a backslash works, but to create a new line wont work.

I tried the following lines inside the snippet.txt

New1=Zeile1 \n\r
New2=Zeile2 \n \r
New3=Zeile3 \r  text \n

The result in the log message window (autocomplete) is:
Zeile1 \n\r
Zeile1 \n \r
Zeile3 \r  text \n

would be nice to get feedback.

BR Carsten

Stefan

Sep 15, 2022, 2:28:38 PM9/15/22
to TortoiseSVN
On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 1:24:39 PM UTC+2 tortoises...@gmail.com wrote:

New1=Zeile1 \n\r
New2=Zeile2 \n \r
New3=Zeile3 \r  text \n

you know that windows uses \r\n, not \n\r?