tortoiseSVN slow and fails in large commits

20 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Raja Nagendra Kumar

lukematon,
25.11.2022 klo 9.54.2525.11.2022
vastaanottaja TortoiseSVN
I have been trying to commit 300gb of data in one go wih toriseSVN, it fails for many reasons.. such as connecting time out, some /t3 issue etc..

It took 8 hours+..

That way this client seem to be far worst efficient and unreliable client.. can any thing be done to improve this..

same thing got done with zero failures in around 2 hours from svn command line..

I am using toroisesvn since 15+ years or so.. love to see this improve its value in large size commits without any overheads like the svn command line..

B.T.W my system is a powerful system with much SSD space, i7 cpu with 24gb memory.

Pavel Lyalyakin

lukematon,
25.11.2022 klo 10.09.2325.11.2022
vastaanottaja TortoiseSVN
Hello,

What command did you use to import the data in TortoiseSVN? Did you drag & drop the directory with 300 GB data into the Repo Browser?

Instead of drag & drop into the Repo Browser, try the TortoiseSVN | Import command.

With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin
VisualSVN Team

Raja Nagendra Kumar

lukematon,
25.11.2022 klo 10.45.4525.11.2022
vastaanottaja torto...@googlegroups.com

I checked out the empty repo and then added 300gb data into the checked out folder and then used TSVN client UI to commit  i.e as if new files added to the repo.

thank you for letting me know that there is a drag and drop way..will try next time.. for now command line worked with zero error.. my few days of mess is gone now..

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TortoiseSVN" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tortoisesvn/CAEyhmwaGsiYvBZAXYZatdsy%2BQ0jyAaQVh1EVmvPY_T%3D_-Y5Q9g%40mail.gmail.com.

Pavel Lyalyakin

lukematon,
25.11.2022 klo 11.17.5825.11.2022

On Fri, Nov 25, 2022 at 7:45 PM TortoiseSVN <torto...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I checked out the empty repo and then added 300gb data into the checked out folder and then used TSVN client UI to commit  i.e as if new files added to the repo.

I believe that it would be much easier to just use the TortoiseSVN | Import command.

thank you for letting me know that there is a drag and drop way..will try next time.. for now command line worked with zero error.. my few days of mess is gone now..

Please note that I explicitly stated that you do not need to use the drag & drop method for committing 300 GB of data into the repository. You need to use the TortoiseSVN | Import or `svn import` commands.
Vastaa kaikille
Vastaa kirjoittajalle
Välitä
0 uutta viestiä