Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Ertan Küçükoglu

no leída,
11 jul 2022, 9:48:4611/7/22
a TortoiseSVN
Hello,

I have a problem with TortoiseSVN 1.14.3 Build 29387 64bit that it does not work on Windows 11 context menu.

It was working fine at the beginning. After a while I do not know what happened but it is not working any more.

On the other hand, old style context menu works fine. I added a link for a video link below in order to explain the problem better.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Ertan

Stefan

no leída,
11 jul 2022, 10:23:5111/7/22
a TortoiseSVN
the latest update from the beta channel broke the menu somehow. I haven't had the time yet to get to the bottom of this.
But I hope that the other project I'm currently working on will be done by this evening or tomorrow at the latest. So after that I will have time to tend to my open source projects again.

Ertan Küçükoglu

no leída,
11 jul 2022, 10:41:1911/7/22
a TortoiseSVN on behalf of Stefan
I figured out that if I use the context menu directly from a folder on the desktop, it works.
I hope that helps.

Stefan via TortoiseSVN <torto...@googlegroups.com>, 11 Tem 2022 Pzt, 17:23 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
the latest update from the beta channel broke the menu somehow. I haven't had the time yet to get to the bottom of this.
But I hope that the other project I'm currently working on will be done by this evening or tomorrow at the latest. So after that I will have time to tend to my open source projects again.

Stefan

no leída,
12 jul 2022, 5:53:0512/7/22
a TortoiseSVN
I did some more testing. With a fresh install of Windows 11 22622.290 it works. But on my work machine (and apparently yours) it does not.
Haven't found out why though. Adding debug output indicates that the IExplorerCommand::Invoke method is never called.

I'll keep looking, but I can't promise anything. Maybe another Windows update will fix this...

Ertan Küçükoglu

no leída,
12 jul 2022, 6:40:1212/7/22
a TortoiseSVN on behalf of Stefan
I am on Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22622.290
This is from the Beta channel.
However, it was not working on one or two updates before, too.

I also got in touch with WinRAR. They also support this new context menu. In short they told me that Windows 11 only allows one menu item and one only. Exact sentence was "Beginning from Windows 11, an application can add only a single top level command or submenu to the Explorer context menu."
What I did is just to have one single item for WinRAR. No submenu at all. If I adjust WinRAR to display just one item, it works.

I could not make one single item for TortoiseSVN to see if it works. Because having a single item under a submenu does not work.

What I don't understand is why it works on a fresh install now. Did you test if all items (like update, commit, revert, settings etc) work on a fresh install?

Thanks.

Stefan via TortoiseSVN <torto...@googlegroups.com>, 12 Tem 2022 Sal, 12:53 tarihinde şunu yazdı:
I did some more testing. With a fresh install of Windows 11 22622.290 it works. But on my work machine (and apparently yours) it does not.
Haven't found out why though. Adding debug output indicates that the IExplorerCommand::Invoke method is never called.

I'll keep looking, but I can't promise anything. Maybe another Windows update will fix this...

Stefan

no leída,
13 jul 2022, 14:32:1513/7/22
a TortoiseSVN
On Tuesday, July 12, 2022 at 12:40:12 PM UTC+2 Ertan Küçükoglu wrote:
I am on Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22622.290
This is from the Beta channel.

That's what I'm on too.

However, it was not working on one or two updates before, too.

strange. It worked for me up to the point where the explorer got tabs.

I also got in touch with WinRAR. They also support this new context menu. In short they told me that Windows 11 only allows one menu item and one only. Exact sentence was "Beginning from Windows 11, an application can add only a single top level command or submenu to the Explorer context menu."
What I did is just to have one single item for WinRAR. No submenu at all. If I adjust WinRAR to display just one item, it works.

I know that Win11 only allows one entry per app. But that entry can have subitems. And this worked up until now.

I could not make one single item for TortoiseSVN to see if it works. Because having a single item under a submenu does not work.

What I don't understand is why it works on a fresh install now. Did you test if all items (like update, commit, revert, settings etc) work on a fresh install?

Yes, I tested update/commit/settings/about - however I did not test all items.
Tested on a fresh VM with Win11 Build 22622.290, with explorer showing tabs.

Ertan Küçükoglu

no leída,
21 jul 2022, 17:14:4221/7/22
a TortoiseSVN on behalf of Stefan
Windows 11 Beta build 22622.436 seems to solve the problem for me.

Stefan via TortoiseSVN <torto...@googlegroups.com>, 13 Tem 2022 Çar, 21:32 tarihinde şunu yazdı:

Stefan

no leída,
23 jul 2022, 2:21:4023/7/22
a TortoiseSVN
On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 11:14:42 PM UTC+2 Ertan Küçükoglu wrote:
Windows 11 Beta build 22622.436 seems to solve the problem for me.

I'm now also on build 22622.436, but the menus still don't work for me. They show up like they should, but the Invoke() method is not called at all.
strange...

Adolf Mollnhuber

no leída,
19 sept 2022, 8:09:0119/9/22
a TortoiseSVN
Hi,

have this problem also on one of my W11 rigs.

On the W11 rig with "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22622.598]" the W11 context menu is working like expected.
On the other W11 rig with "Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.22621.521]" the W11 context menu is not showing at all.

The COM Surrogate process is started and has TortoiseStub.dll loaded, if I had the correct PDB file for 1.14.3 i could debug this further.

Any help here?

Stefan

no leída,
19 sept 2022, 12:29:3719/9/22
a TortoiseSVN

Adolf Mollnhuber

no leída,
21 sept 2022, 3:59:5421/9/22
a TortoiseSVN
somehow this installation is broken tried repair / uninstall / install multiple times - no joy.

onecore\com\combase\catalog\services.cxx(2634)\combase.dll!00007FF98BE0ED38: (caller: 00007FF98BE0EAC6) ReturnHr(101) tid(1378) 80070490 Element nicht gefunden.
    Msg:[Package 3A48D7FC-AEE2-4CBC-91D1-0007951B8006_1.14.3.29387_x64__amtgtw5nxepb6 is not singleton or system registered]

onecore\com\combase\objact\dllcache.cxx(2322)\combase.dll!00007FF98BEBDAE7: (caller: 00007FF98BEBD938) ReturnHr(95) tid(489c) 80040111 ClassFactory kann angeforderte Klasse nicht liefern
    Msg:[Error getting class object for CLSID ({30351351-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}), IID ({00000001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}) in DLL (C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\\bin\TortoiseStub.dll)]

registry "looks" ok to me

Stefan

no leída,
22 sept 2022, 4:12:0122/9/22
a TortoiseSVN
On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 9:59:54 AM UTC+2 Adolf Mollnhuber wrote:
somehow this installation is broken tried repair / uninstall / install multiple times - no joy.

onecore\com\combase\catalog\services.cxx(2634)\combase.dll!00007FF98BE0ED38: (caller: 00007FF98BE0EAC6) ReturnHr(101) tid(1378) 80070490 Element nicht gefunden.
    Msg:[Package 3A48D7FC-AEE2-4CBC-91D1-0007951B8006_1.14.3.29387_x64__amtgtw5nxepb6 is not singleton or system registered]

I get those also for e.g. PowerRename (part of MS Powertoys) and the windows terminal (also from MS). So I think that's not the problem here.

onecore\com\combase\objact\dllcache.cxx(2322)\combase.dll!00007FF98BEBDAE7: (caller: 00007FF98BEBD938) ReturnHr(95) tid(489c) 80040111 ClassFactory kann angeforderte Klasse nicht liefern
    Msg:[Error getting class object for CLSID ({30351351-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}), IID ({00000001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}) in DLL (C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\\bin\TortoiseStub.dll)]

{00000001-0000-0000-C000-000000000046 is the uid of IClassFactory, which is optional to implement.

registry "looks" ok to me

same here. I just can't find a reason why it doesn't work on my machine.

Stefan

Adolf Mollnhuber

no leída,
4 oct 2022, 9:24:514/10/22
a TortoiseSVN
No Luck with 1.14.5 either   :-|

Ayka Tsuzuki

no leída,
12 oct 2022, 12:01:1512/10/22
a TortoiseSVN
This problem still exists on the latest stable release 1.14.5.29465 and the latest nightly build release 1.14.99.29468-dev x64 on Windows 11 21H2 22000.1098
And it does not help If I try to repair TortoiseSVN in the control panel or re-install
The registry has the TortoiseSVN item under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\TortoiseSVN and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\DragDropHandlers\TortoiseSVN, but the system just doesn't show under whatever folders
It seems that WinRAR also has this problem, but TortoiseHg 6.0.0 to the latest 6.2.3 x64 does not have this problem

Kevin Lepp

no leída,
22 oct 2022, 13:40:5622/10/22
a TortoiseSVN
not sure if its the same issue but the win11 context menu appears fine for me, however the entries only work from the desktop.  if i try to update or checkout anything in explorer whether in the navigation pane or otherwise, it does absolutely nothing.

Ed Sayers

no leída,
5 ene 2023, 11:03:395/1/23
a TortoiseSVN
I had the same problem..
I have "Launch Explorer Windows in a seperate process" enabled. (Windows Explorer option).

I just turned it off, and now the Windows 11 TortoiseSVN menu options are responding again.

Peter Row

no leída,
2 mar 2023, 10:41:572/3/23
a TortoiseSVN
I can confirm what Ed said, both me and a colleague both have Win 11 enterprise 22H2 Build 22621.1265, it worked for her but not me.
The only difference was the "Launch Explorer Windows in a separate process" setting was enabled on mine. Switched it off, restarted explorer process and now it works.

David Balažic

no leída,
5 mar 2023, 6:26:155/3/23
a TortoiseSVN
On Thursday, 2 March 2023 at 16:41:57 UTC+1 Peter Row wrote:
I can confirm what Ed said, both me and a colleague both have Win 11 enterprise 22H2 Build 22621.1265, it worked for her but not me.
The only difference was the "Launch Explorer Windows in a separate process" setting was enabled on mine. Switched it off, restarted explorer process and now it works.

Any explanation why it works with "Launch Explorer Windows in a separate process" set to OFF, but not when on?

This question popped up several times (not related to TSVN) so I ask.

Back story:
In the early days, explorer hung up often (partly to plugins and other external software), so I enabled the "Launch Explorer Windows in a separate process" setting on my PC se not all instances crash, but only one.  But later I disabled it due to... well I forgot the reason, but this thread reminded me of the issue, so I I'm looking for some information, what is different with this option enabled besides the fact that separate processes are running.

Regards,
David
Responder a todos
Responder al autor