Bug-ID not filled after selecting recent message when copying/moving items in Repository Browser

Balázs

Feb 22, 2018, 4:55:07 AM2/22/18
to TortoiseSVN
It is a minor issue but causes some inconsistent user experience.

bugtraq:message is set to "ID=%BUGID%" in the whole repository so the "Bug-ID / Issue-Nr:" editbox appears on the Commit Dialog.
When I select a recent message where the ID is set, this number is automatically extracted from the message text and inserted into this empty ID editbox.
This works fine in the Commit dialog.
Another situation is copying/moving items in the Repository Browser dialog opens up a similar "commit-like" dialog.
However here the Bug-ID editbox is not filled when I select a recent message containing an id.

Stefan

Feb 22, 2018, 1:29:22 PM2/22/18
to TortoiseSVN
That's actually expected: reading properties remotely is very slow, so in the repo browser the properties are not read and therefore not used.

Balázs

Feb 26, 2018, 3:38:05 AM2/26/18
to TortoiseSVN
Thank you for the reply.
Could you please explain what do you mean under "reading properties"?
All I see is the list of recent messages contains the same lines as in the ordinary commit dialog.
The only difference to the user is that the Bug-ID editbox is not updated on selecting a message from the list.
Isn't this ID extracted from the message text?

Stefan

Feb 27, 2018, 2:31:29 PM2/27/18
to TortoiseSVN

On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 9:38:05 AM UTC+1, Balázs wrote:
Thank you for the reply.
Could you please explain what do you mean under "reading properties"?
All I see is the list of recent messages contains the same lines as in the ordinary commit dialog.
The only difference to the user is that the Bug-ID editbox is not updated on selecting a message from the list.
Isn't this ID extracted from the message text?

Yes, it is extraced from the message text. But to extract it, TSVN needs to read the project properties to figure out how the bug-Id's are formatted.
So without those project properties, it can't extract the bug-id.

But: if you start the repo browser from a working copy, the project properties are read from the wc and then it works. Only if you start the repo browser from an url without a working copy, then the project properties are not read.

Stefan

Balázs

Mar 5, 2018, 6:26:56 AM3/5/18
to TortoiseSVN
I guess we are talking about m_ProjectProperties.FindBugID.
But it is already called when there is a BugTraqProvider (at the end of OnBnClickedBugtraqbutton).
So the project properties are already there, is there any reason we can't use them in CCopyDlg::OnBnClickedHistory ?