Request for new /closeonend command parameter for no changes

Balázs

Feb 22, 2018, 5:28:33 AM2/22/18
to TortoiseSVN
I would like to propose a new condition for the /closeonend automation parameter:
auto close if there are no changes at all (list is empty)

Stefan

Feb 22, 2018, 1:33:33 PM2/22/18
to TortoiseSVN
That's not really feasible. For example if you run "update", even if there are no file content updates, the working copy is still updated internally: the revision to which it was updated is stored on the folder itself, so there's still 'a change'.

Balázs

Feb 26, 2018, 3:58:01 AM2/26/18
to TortoiseSVN
Than maybe the "no changes at all" is misleading.
The point is not to detect if there is any kind of update.
I would just like to see if there is any change that needs review.
When I see that there are no updated files/folders under a specified repository, I know there is nothing to review so the log window can be closed.

Balázs

Jun 27, 2018, 8:49:04 AM6/27/18
to TortoiseSVN
Although I am still missing this feature but as a workaround I was able to make a script using AutoHotkey to automatically close the update window if there were no changes.