Using version 1.7.x with 1.14.x

Keith Burks

Sep 21, 2022, 12:36:23 PM9/21/22
to TortoiseSVN
I am setting up a new repository on a computer.  If I install the latest SVN version 1.14.x and create the repository will users that are running SVN version 1.7.x be able to access and update the files?  Or will everyone need to upgrade to version 1.14.x as well?

Thanks.

Stefan

Sep 21, 2022, 1:56:52 PM9/21/22
to TortoiseSVN
all svn servers version 1.x are compatible with clients version 1.x
of cource some features are not available from old servers, so in that case newer clients have to either throw an error that this specific feature requires an updated server, or fall back using a slower approach to get the feature working.