Tortois SVN over VPN

James Varner

Aug 31, 2022, 2:20:21 PM8/31/22
to TortoiseSVN
I am able to Checkout a repository directory through my VPN with no issues. When I try to Commit any changes I made to the files, I get an "access denied" error. What is the trick to having Tortoise SVN work with a VPN where I can Checkout, Update as well as Commit files?

Daniel Sahlberg

Sep 1, 2022, 4:16:18 AM9/1/22
to TortoiseSVN
onsdag 31 augusti 2022 kl. 20:20:21 UTC+2 skrev jgvar...@gmail.com:
I am able to Checkout a repository directory through my VPN with no issues. When I try to Commit any changes I made to the files, I get an "access denied" error. What is the trick to having Tortoise SVN work with a VPN where I can Checkout, Update as well as Commit files?

If you are able to checkout the VPN should be working fine. There are a lot of details missing, for example the protocol, and in case of http/https if you have a proxy server between your computer and the SVN server. But it seems unlikely that you would get an Access denied error from network issues.

I would look at would be the server configuration. Are you able to checkout/commit if you are NOT using the vpn (ie, locally on the SVN server or from a computer nearby the server)? Do you have authorization rules in the repository that disable write access for your user?

Kind regards,
Daniel

James Varner

Sep 2, 2022, 1:28:45 PM9/2/22
to TortoiseSVN
Thank you Daniel,

When I am onsite, I have no issues with Tortois SVN at all. It is only when I am working from home using a VPN to access the network share where the repository is when I can only checkout, update but not commit. I have anonymous=none and authorized='write' in the svnserve.conf and I am using a password file for user logins. There must be some kind of proxy setting or a hook I am overlooking. I also notice it not asking me for user or password from home, which is strange.

James

Oto BREZINA

Sep 3, 2022, 5:29:10 AM9/3/22
to TortoiseSVN
what protocol you are using? e.g. what is your URL?
if you use http, https there may be proxy involved. try command line tools you may get more information.