Colour code in "SVN Check for modifications" dialog

axel....@intelligent-energy.com

Jan 14, 2020, 10:19:04 AM1/14/20
to TortoiseSVN
Hi,

At the moment, in the "SVN Check for modifications" dialog:
- local changes are in blue
- non-versioned files are in black
- remote changes are also in black (shown when clicking the "Check repository" button)

Can the colour for remote changes be changed? I guess this is a feature request.
Remote changes should stand out (maybe in orange), similarly to the way local changes stand out.

Thanks

Stefan

Jan 14, 2020, 1:56:41 PM1/14/20
to TortoiseSVN
if a file has both local and remote changes, then it will get colored in green, indicating a possible merge later when updating.
remote changes if there are no local changes are as you've noticed shown in black, since there's nothing you have to do.

Too many colors can also confuse users, so do you really want remote changes to stand out that way?

axel....@intelligent-energy.com

Jan 15, 2020, 4:54:36 AM1/15/20
to TortoiseSVN
Hi Stefan
First of all thanks for your work on TortoiseSVN!

We use the "SVN Check for modifications" dialog all the time to stay on top of local and remote changes.
I have even automated it by calling TortoiseProc.exe /command:repostatus /remote /path:%Project_path%

At the moment I have a few non-versioned files that can't be dealt with yet.
We recently had some confusion and delay because I didn't spot an important remote change, as it was the same colour than my non-versioned files.

I don't think this will confuse users, because this is only relevant to the "Check repository" option, when we specifically want remote changes to be brought to our attention.

Thanks

Stefan

Jan 15, 2020, 7:02:45 AM1/15/20
to TortoiseSVN

On Wednesday, January 15, 2020 at 10:54:36 AM UTC+1, (unknown) wrote:
Hi Stefan
First of all thanks for your work on TortoiseSVN!

We use the "SVN Check for modifications" dialog all the time to stay on top of local and remote changes.
I have even automated it by calling TortoiseProc.exe /command:repostatus /remote /path:%Project_path%

You know about the ProjectMonitor build in TSVN? It's in the start menu: basically a log dialog that stays in the background, notifying you of commits.

Stefan

axel....@intelligent-energy.com

Jan 15, 2020, 7:40:40 AM1/15/20
to TortoiseSVN
Yes thanks I use ProjectMonitor as well.