Log message is empty after merge

BCT

Aug 7, 2018, 9:14:00 AM8/7/18
to TortoiseSVN
Hi,

Since a while we encounter the following issue:

After merging one or more commits, we select SVN Commit to commit the merges. When we click on 'Recent messages', the most recent log message only contains the text 'Merged revision(s) xxxx from trunk:' without the original log message.

Does anybody have an idea?

Best regards,
Roger (BCT)

Stefan

Aug 7, 2018, 10:29:23 AM8/7/18
to TortoiseSVN
The merge messages can only be constructed if you click "Show Log" from the merge dialog to select the revisions to merge.
If you just enter the revisions manually, the merge messages can't be constructed.
Also: you have the log cache enabled in the settings dialog.

Stefan

roger...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2018, 3:10:46 AM8/8/18
to TortoiseSVN
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your answer and solution: indeed, we had the Log Caching disabled. After we enabled it, the problem with the empty log message after the merge has been solved. Great!

However, we disabled the cache within our team so that we always see the most recent log message.

Is there another way to accomplish this?

Best regards,
Roger

Stefan

Aug 9, 2018, 5:16:12 PM8/9/18
to TortoiseSVN
With log caching enabled, just hit Ctrl+F5 to refresh and get the latest log messages.
But if you don't edit the log messages, then you don't need to refresh: the log cache automatically fetches the latest entries.

Stefan

roger...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2018, 9:07:59 AM8/11/18
to TortoiseSVN
Thanks again Stefan,

I will give that a try!

Regards,
Roger

ben....@gmail.com

Aug 24, 2018, 10:39:57 AM8/24/18
to TortoiseSVN
We started seeing this lately as well (just in the last week or so). Using version 1.10.1. We have caching enabled so that isn't the problem. We always use "Show Log" to select the revisions to merge. Ideas?

Stefan

Aug 24, 2018, 2:45:34 PM8/24/18
to TortoiseSVN

On Friday, August 24, 2018 at 4:39:57 PM UTC+2, Ben Held wrote:
We started seeing this lately as well (just in the last week or so).  Using version 1.10.1.  We have caching enabled so that isn't the problem. We always use "Show Log" to select the revisions to merge.  Ideas?

try deleting/clearing the log cache in the settings dialog.