Unexpected folder context menu after Windows 11 22H2 update

Johan Appelgren

Oct 24, 2022, 3:31:32 AM10/24/22
to TortoiseSVN
Hi,

After updating to the most recent release of Windows 11 the context menu if I right-click on the background of a version controlled folder I get the TortoiseSVN sub-menu items for a folder that is NOT version controlled instead of the expected Update, Show Log items and so on.

If I go to the parent folder and right click on the actual folder item instead, I get the expected menu items.

In the legacy context menu I get the correct entries.

/Johan

screenshot.png

Johan Appelgren

Oct 24, 2022, 5:28:24 AM10/24/22
to TortoiseSVN
Ok, so it seems like you always get the context menu items for the current folder in the first tab in Explorer when you right click on the background.

Daniel Sahlberg

Oct 24, 2022, 5:33:40 AM10/24/22
to TortoiseSVN
måndag 24 oktober 2022 kl. 11:28:24 UTC+2 skrev johan.a...@gmail.com:
Ok, so it seems like you always get the context menu items for the current folder in the first tab in Explorer when you right click on the background.

I believe this was fixed in /trunk:

Version 1.14.6
- BUG: context menu for a directory background in
       Win11 when not using the first tab in explorer
       used the wrong path. (Stefan)

Can you test the latest nightly build https://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/?

/Daniel

Johan Appelgren

Oct 24, 2022, 5:54:29 AM10/24/22
to TortoiseSVN
I'll wait for the next release then. The Windows 11 context menu is not shown for nightly builds because they're not signed. Thanks!