Tiny improvement request for Project Monitor

Ralf

Feb 19, 2018, 11:09:22 AM2/19/18
to TortoiseSVN
Hi

project monitor is a really great supplement to the other TortoiseSVN tools. I already used CommitMonitor before ProjectMonitor came up.
There is just one little thing I miss: I have just one project configured - so everytime I open ProjectMonitor from tray I have to select this project explicitly to show the commits. There could be several solutions to satisfy my "problem":
- let the user mark one project as "default" and show this on opening PM
- select the first project (having new commits?) on opening PM
- if there is only one project: preselect this on opening PM

I think the first suggestion would be the best as it wouldn't change the current behaviour if someone doesn't select a default project (therefore it should be possible to unset the default project again).
What do you think? Or maybe someone else has an even better idea beyond this ones to improve PM in this point?

I admit this isn't a big thing and of course I can live without it anyway. None the less I would bee glad if a change regarding this feature request makes it into a future version of TSVN.
At this point: many thanks to the team of TortoiseSVN - amazing job you're doing!

Cheers Ralf

Stefan

Feb 19, 2018, 3:15:56 PM2/19/18
to TortoiseSVN

On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 5:09:22 PM UTC+1, Ralf wrote:
Hi

project monitor is a really great supplement to the other TortoiseSVN tools. I already used CommitMonitor before ProjectMonitor came up.
There is just one little thing I miss: I have just one project configured - so everytime I open ProjectMonitor from tray I have to select this project explicitly to show the commits. There could be several solutions to satisfy my "problem":
- let the user mark one project as "default" and show this on opening PM
- select the first project (having new commits?) on opening PM

This is already implemented on trunk:
https://sourceforge.net/p/tortoisesvn/code/27742/
and will be in the 1.10 release.

You can try a nightly build if you like:
https://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/

Stefan

ralfle...@googlemail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 4:34:29 AM2/20/18
to TortoiseSVN
Cool :-)
Sorry, I didn't notice that commit. I thought of requesting this for months - if I've been a little bit more patient this request would have become redundant.

Thank you for the fast response and of course for the already done commit :-)

ralfle...@googlemail.com

May 25, 2018, 2:02:46 AM5/25/18
to TortoiseSVN
In the meantime I'm using Tortoise SVN 1.10 for quite some time.
I enjoy it very much that now a project having new commits is getting selected on opening PM, thank you.
None the less: the second half of my use cases is opening PM to search for past commits, review things and so on - it's my first step to go regarding any historical commit. It would be fantastic if in a future release you could select the first project in the list if there is none having new commits.

Ralf