SVN Update TortoiseSVN r28103 failed recently

Yue Lin Ho

Mar 5, 2018, 8:37:42 PM3/5/18
to TortoiseSVN
Hi,

Just report the issue I encountered recently.

I performed the SVN Update on my local checkout of TortoiseSVN, but failed many times with the error:
"Reading one svndiff window read beyond the end of the representation"

Here are some screenshots:

Version information:

TortoiseSVN 1.9.7, Build 27907 - 64 Bit , 2017/08/08 19:34:38

Subversion 1.9.7, -release

apr 1.5.2

apr-util 1.5.4

serf 1.3.9

OpenSSL 1.0.2l  25 May 2017

zlib 1.2.8

SQLite 3.14.1

Yue Lin

Stefan

Mar 6, 2018, 1:30:20 AM3/6/18
to TortoiseSVN
Yes, I've noticed:
with the recent problems Sourceforge had, our repository got corrupted.
I'll try to restore it from my own backup this evening, but with loads of work to do at the office I'm not sure I can get it done in one evening. So you might have to wait until tomorrow evening.

Stefan

Yue Lin Ho

Mar 6, 2018, 4:30:52 AM3/6/18
to TortoiseSVN

Stefan於 2018年3月6日星期二 UTC+8下午2時30分20秒寫道:
Yes, I've noticed:
with the recent problems Sourceforge had, our repository got corrupted.
I'll try to restore it from my own backup this evening, but with loads of work to do at the office I'm not sure I can get it done in one evening. So you might have to wait until tomorrow evening.

Oh~ Thanks!!! ^___^
No problem, I can wait for few days. :P

Not sure if it's helpful, but I guess the corrupted files are
/trunk/ext/openssl/crypto/bn/asm/x86_64-mont5.pl
/trunk/ext/scintilla/src/Editor.cxx

I did these:
1. svn update several times, and got the r28125 finally

2. TortoiseSVN -> Check for modifications
3. perform Check Repository, then showing:

4. Perform Compare with HEAD and BASE on both of them, both of them show:

I guess r28116 is also corrupted.

And last thing: try to restore those two files (see attached files).

Are those restored files right content?

Yue Lin
Editor.cxx
x86_64-mont5.pl

Stefan

Mar 7, 2018, 2:02:43 PM3/7/18
to TortoiseSVN
Repository is still corrupted.
I managed to "replay" the last few commits to my local backup of the repository, so I now have a full backup.
But since the shell/SSH access on sourceforge is still not working after the problems last week, I can neither try to fix the existing repository nor can I exchange it with my backup.
And SF support doesn't answer - I guess they get just too many support requests now.
So, until shell access is restored, we have to wait...

Stefan

Yue Lin Ho

Mar 7, 2018, 8:13:06 PM3/7/18
to TortoiseSVN

Stefan於 2018年3月8日星期四 UTC+8上午3時02分43秒寫道:
Got it! Thanks a lot. ^____^

Yue Lin

luebbe.o...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2018, 11:17:13 AM3/8/18
to TortoiseSVN
Some other repositories on SF were up and running again over the weekend, but are in trouble again.

I keep my fingers crossed ...

Cheers
Lübbe