References to tigris.org

Daniel Sahlberg

Jan 12, 2021, 5:36:33 AM1/12/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Hi,

I noticed that there are quite a lot of references to tigris.org (both tortoisesvn and subversion was hosted there once but it has since been shutdown). Initially I saw it in the link "and support the developers" in the about box in TortoiseMerge, but I've searched the code and found it in quite alot of places.

I can volunteer to search-and-replace but I would like to discuss it first to avoid doing unneccessary work.

* src\Changelog.txt. Should the links for old releases be updated (for example: "Please first look at the release notes: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/tsvn_1.2_releasenotes.html")?

* doc\notes\MailingListAnswers.txt: Is this relevant anymore?

* There are some references to https://svn.code.sf.net/p/tortoisesvn/code/. I think all code is now hosted in osdn.net?

* I'm not familiary with gettext, but my understanding is that the pot file is generated automatically (from doc source files, .cpp files etc.), so I don't have to care about it. Correct?

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg

Thomas Åkesson

Jan 12, 2021, 10:50:58 AM1/12/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev
Sorry everyone, this is off-topic (it seems "Reply to author" is disabled in this group).

Hi Daniel,

If you are based in Sweden, please drop me an email. I am interested in connecting with active Subversion-developers.

thomas.akesson at simonsoft.se

Kind regards,
Thomas Åkesson

Daniel Sahlberg

Jan 12, 2021, 11:08:51 AM1/12/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev on behalf of Thomas Åkesson
I am indeed based in Sweden. You've got a pm. Leaving the list...

Stefan

Jan 14, 2021, 3:06:35 PM1/14/21
to TortoiseSVN-dev

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 11:36:33 AM UTC+1, Daniel Sahlberg wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that there are quite a lot of references to tigris.org (both tortoisesvn and subversion was hosted there once but it has since been shutdown). Initially I saw it in the link "and support the developers" in the about box in TortoiseMerge, but I've searched the code and found it in quite alot of places.

I can volunteer to search-and-replace but I would like to discuss it first to avoid doing unneccessary work.

* src\Changelog.txt. Should the links for old releases be updated (for example: "Please first look at the release notes: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/tsvn_1.2_releasenotes.html")?

yes, I think those should be updated

* doc\notes\MailingListAnswers.txt: Is this relevant anymore?

nope, I'll delete those.

* There are some references to https://svn.code.sf.net/p/tortoisesvn/code/. I think all code is now hosted in osdn.net?

yes, all is hosted on osdn.net.

* I'm not familiary with gettext, but my understanding is that the pot file is generated automatically (from doc source files, .cpp files etc.), so I don't have to care about it. Correct?

well, I generate the pot files whenever I update the resources. It's not done automatically though.

Stefan