LDAP authentication: granting user roles

Stefan Verweij

May 13, 2020, 3:07:18 AM5/13/20
to TopBraid Suite Users
Hi,

I am using TopBraid EDG 6.3 and new to using LDAP authentication. I am wondering how the user permission roles are working with this kind of authentication? If a user in my organization logs in with his credentials after setting up a JNDI Realm in the server.xml, what permission role will he be granted automatically? With my current settings I set it seems everyone is administrator automatically (they can see and click the server administration link in the dashboard menu on the left at least*). How would I configure my server.xml, web.xml and/or tomcat-users.xml so that every user that logs in for the first time by default has Viewer only permissions (or similar roles with the strict permissions)?

My guess is it has something to do with the

userRoleName="memberOf"
and
roleName="cn"
in the JNDI Realm in the server.xml, but I am not really sure how this works.

Regards,
Stefan

*

Stefan Verweij

May 13, 2020, 6:44:45 AM5/13/20
to TopBraid Suite Users
Removing the rights group 'administratorGroup' from the ANY_ROLE security role solved my problem.