Cannot find a setting in TBC

Steve Ray

Jul 14, 2021, 12:59:54 PM7/14/21
to TopBraid Suite Users
Several of us are collaborating on a project, using TBC, and my copy serializes the rdf:type predicate as "a" (which I like), while another copy sticks with "rdf:type". I have scoured the preferences and help documents and just cannot find where the setting is to specify which to use.

Of course, git carefully shows me every change as we hand off files to each other, making it very difficult to see the real changes.

I'm hoping this is a 5-second fix for somebody to point me to the right place...

Steve

Holger Knublauch

Jul 14, 2021, 8:14:11 PM7/14/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Steve,

are you sure all these files are created the same way? If you simply save a .ttl file from TBC, it should always use the same writer, which is our special sorted-Turtle writer which uses "a" instead of rdf:type. Maybe some older versions of TBC had some fallback logic that if a file couldn't be saved by that sorted writer or was too large that it would fall back to the normal Turtle writer, but I cannot see that in the current code base.

Having said this, the serialization is different when you, for example, export a graph from TopBraid EDG without using the sorted Turtle writer. Or when you create files from SPARQLMotion scripts and similar technologies.

Holger

Steve Ray

Jul 14, 2021, 8:27:29 PM7/14/21
to TopBraid Suite Users
One of the summer interns on the project is using https://www.topquadrant.com/download/tbcfe-macos-6-0-1/
which keeps using the rdf:type. The files are not very large. He is just using it for editing, no SPARQLMotion etc.
I cannot recall if things were different back in 6.0.1 days.

Steve

Holger Knublauch

Jul 14, 2021, 8:29:42 PM7/14/21
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Right, in the older TopBraid versions, even our sorted writer was using rdf:type, but we decided to switch to the shorter "a" a while ago.

Holger