skos question

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 28, 2020, 3:34:26 AM4/28/20
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

I have a skos ontology importing another skos ontology.

Import seems ok.

Stil I get the web icon when a concept from the example reused one via broader:

Should I add owl:Ontology next to skos:ConceptScheme?

Thx Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist

+31888663107
+31630381220
michel...@tno.nl

Location

smls-skos.ttl
smls-example-skos.ttl

dprice

Apr 28, 2020, 6:35:59 AM4/28/20

On 28 Apr 2020, at 08:34, 'Bohms, H.M. (Michel)' via TopBraid Suite Users <topbrai...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

I have a skos ontology importing another skos ontology.

Do you really 1) mean “ontology” (i.e. the ontology that defines SKOS or some extensions to that) or 20 do you really mean SKOS taxonomy that imports another SKOS taxonomy?

I know it’s a bit confusing but the SKOS standard itself *is* actually an ontology defined using OWL. The instances based on that SKOS ontology are not an ontology - usually they’re called a taxonomy(e.g. an EDG Taxonomy) or something similar.

If 1) “ontology” them likely need to import the other OWL.

If 2) “taxonomy” then perhaps your PhysicalObject does not have any rdf:type associated with it? Perhaps it should be rdf:type skos:Concept?

Cheers,
David

Import seems ok.

Stil I get the web icon when a concept from the example reused one via broader:

<image004.jpg>

Should I add owl:Ontology next to skos:ConceptScheme?

Thx Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist

<smls-skos.ttl><smls-example-skos.ttl>

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 28, 2020, 6:48:04 AM4/28/20
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi David

I do not mean the skos ITSELF as ontology.

But an own skos:ConceptScheme.

PO is defined as:

smls:PhysicalObject

  a skos:Concept ;

in the example file importing the above:

ex:Bridge

  a skos:Concept ;

  skos:prefLabel "Bridge"@en ;

  skos:prefLabel "Brug"@nl ;

  skos:broader smls:PhysicalObject ;

  skos:definition "Verbinding voor verkeer tussen twee landhoofden die gescheiden wordt door water."@nl ;

.

But now I see:

  a skos:ConceptSchema;

iso

  a skos:ConceptScheme;

will check if that is the cause......

thx Michel

Dr. ir. H.M. (Michel) Böhms
Senior Data Scientist

+31888663107
+31630381220
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 28, 2020, 6:57:25 AM4/28/20
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

After changes still, world icon:

smls-example-skos.ttl
smls-skos.ttl

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 28, 2020, 6:59:50 AM4/28/20
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

But anyway, let me first check myself on typos.....

Ill come back if needed...

Thx michel

Jan Voskuil

Apr 28, 2020, 7:03:48 AM4/28/20
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Maybe [1] misses the owl:Ontology declaration, did you already try adding “, owl:Ontology” after “skos:ConceptScheme”? … -j

<https://w3id.org/def/smls-skos>

  a skos:ConceptScheme ;

  owl:imports <http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core> ;

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Apr 28, 2020, 7:47:15 AM4/28/20
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jan

The ontology clause was not needed.

It was in the end related to a wrong prefix towards smls.

Thx! Michel