instantiatinga property with range rdfs:Resource (in tbc)

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Aug 30, 2022, 3:29:34 AM8/30/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Jonker R. (Rolf), Bart Bink

Hi Holger

How can I instantiate a property with range rdfs:Resource (constrained to a xsd:string) in TBC as a string?

Ex:

I cannot fill in a string here only an instance….

Thx Michel

Ps owl:

nen2660:Requirement

  rdf:type rdfs:Class ;

  rdf:type owl:Class ;

  rdfs:seeAlso nen2660-term:Requirement ;

  rdfs:subClassOf nen2660:InformationObject ;

  rdfs:subClassOf [

      rdf:type owl:Restriction ;

      owl:onClass xsd:string ;

      owl:onProperty rdf:value ;

      owl:qualifiedCardinality "1"^^xsd:nonNegativeInteger ;

    ] ;

  skos:definition "A rule that should hold for something, defined via its attributes or relations" ;

  skos:prefLabel "Requirement"@en ;

.

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist

Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

Mobile +31 630381220
E-mail
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Holger Knublauch

Aug 30, 2022, 3:32:10 AM8/30/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Jonker R. (Rolf), Bart Bink
The OWL snippet below only declares a qualified cardinality constraint. That means that *some* of the values must be strings, but not all. For that you need to use owl:allValuesFrom.

Holger

On 30 Aug 2022, at 9:29 am, 'Bohms, H.M. (Michel)' via TopBraid Suite Users <topbrai...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Holger

How can I instantiate a property with range rdfs:Resource (constrained to a xsd:string) in TBC as a string?

Ex:

<image001.png>

I cannot fill in a string here only an instance….

Thx Michel

Ps owl:

nen2660:Requirement
  rdf:type rdfs:Class ;
  rdf:type owl:Class ;
  rdfs:seeAlso nen2660-term:Requirement ;
  rdfs:subClassOf nen2660:InformationObject ;
  rdfs:subClassOf [
      rdf:type owl:Restriction ;
      owl:onClass xsd:string ;
      owl:onProperty rdf:value ;
      owl:qualifiedCardinality "1"^^xsd:nonNegativeInteger ;
    ] ;
  skos:definition "A rule that should hold for something, defined via its attributes or relations" ;
  skos:prefLabel "Requirement"@en ;
.

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist
Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

<image003.png>

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Aug 30, 2022, 5:53:27 AM8/30/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Jonker R. (Rolf), Bart Bink
That is fine but....
How can we instantiate a lexical value like a string in the instance creator in tbc?
It now only allows for an uri it seems?
Thx michel

Holger Knublauch

Aug 30, 2022, 9:16:54 AM8/30/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Jonker R. (Rolf), Bart Bink
That's what I tried to explain. The form editor of TBC cannot really know what values you want to enter and assumes the most generic one (URIs). If you don't want to add an allValuesFrom, you can use the source code editor to add strings.

Holger

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Aug 30, 2022, 9:38:45 AM8/30/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com, Jonker R. (Rolf), Bart Bink
Ok
I would think that most generic would mean "uri OR literal" so that in case of an rdf Resource range you could fill in both (kind of rdf resource input widget...).

But ok we can you the code editor too as alternative..

Thx michel