spreadsheet import issue

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Sep 15, 2022, 6:31:26 AM9/15/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

In the past I used Import “Spreadsheet using Pattern” in EDG co-delivered with TBC.

I cannot see how I can do the same now in latest TBC-only.

Can you advice me?

(excel import to spreadsheet ontology is not useful)

We have some follow up work where we need to redo/update this same process for a client.

Thx Michel

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist

Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

Mobile +31 630381220
E-mail
michel...@tno.nl

Location

Holger Knublauch

Sep 15, 2022, 6:47:36 AM9/15/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
There is IMHO no comparable feature in TBC-only.

Holger

On 15 Sep 2022, at 12:31 pm, 'Bohms, H.M. (Michel)' via TopBraid Suite Users <topbrai...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

In the past I used Import “Spreadsheet using Pattern” in EDG co-delivered with TBC.

I cannot see how I can do the same now in latest TBC-only.

Can you advice me?
(excel import to spreadsheet ontology is not useful)

We have some follow up work where we need to redo/update this same process for a client.

Thx Michel

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist
Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

<image002.png>

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Sep 15, 2022, 7:17:55 AM9/15/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

That is really a pity.

Could I somehow be able to use an old free version or doesn’t it have edg/excellimport.

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist

Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

Mobile +31 630381220
E-mail
michel...@tno.nl

Location

David Price

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Sep 15, 2022, 7:26:51 AM9/15/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Any advice for such a tool (doing the same as the earlier “import by pattern”) would be really appreciated.

Ps still remembering earlier TQ mails advising not to use TBC-import (unstable, not maintained) but to use the EDG-variants which were up-to-date etc.). But ok, won’t go further on that…think we passed that station with 7.1

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist

Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

Mobile +31 630381220
E-mail
michel...@tno.nl

Location

David Price

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Sep 15, 2022, 11:30:00 AM9/15/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Hi Holger

I see that I can just open the excel file in tbc (no import but just doubleclick)!!

Resulting in what I need:

And all properties and instances….

Michel

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist

Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

Mobile +31 630381220
E-mail
michel...@tno.nl

Location

There is IMHO no comparable feature in TBC-only.

Holger Knublauch

Sep 16, 2022, 1:43:49 AM9/16/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com
This is the Semantic Tables loader which does a simple mapping from spreadsheet columns to properties that are generated on the fly. This however is only the very first, basic step in spreadsheet importers. The EDG importer generates SPARQL/SPIN rules that perform the further processing into the target ontology and also supports various tree patterns out of the box.

Holger

On 15 Sep 2022, at 5:29 pm, 'Bohms, H.M. (Michel)' via TopBraid Suite Users <topbrai...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Holger

I see that I can just open the excel file in tbc (no import but just doubleclick)!!

Resulting in what I need:

<image001.png>

And all properties and instances….

Michel

Michel Böhms
Data Scientist
Unit Buildings, Infrastructure & Maritime

<image003.png>

Bohms, H.M. (Michel)

Sep 16, 2022, 3:19:45 AM9/16/22
to topbrai...@googlegroups.com

Sufficient for me since I had already 2 ontologies: one basic one to import to and a final more structured one where I map to via shacl rules. The first ontology is now generated on the fly.

Only the same property’s for diff classses are now generated PER tab (manually I had only one with a union of 3 domains) so I have to adapt my where clauses of the shacl rules mapping into my final ontology.

thx