1987 Tolly Name plates

Mario Chiesa

Mar 27, 2022, 5:27:00 PM3/27/22
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Any one have a lead on obtaining the original approximately 9" long chrome name logos that appear on the cabin sides of  a 1987 44 Tollycraft cpmy?

Aol member info

Mar 27, 2022, 6:42:15 PM3/27/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
I think they used to be available through Gordon Graham, but since he died I don't know where his inventory went.  You might try Bounty Marine in Anacortes, John Gothie  "old " number 503-705-0830.  If that number is no longer good, contact Mary LaFleur at 253-222-7519 to get a current number.

Gary Nelson
Done Workin'

Brian Hoover

Mar 27, 2022, 7:02:01 PM3/27/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
I have a couple in safe keeping and was gonna try to make silicone impressions from and do epoxy reproductions, I will let you know how they turn out.

Sent from my iPhone

John Baudendistel

Mar 27, 2022, 7:36:54 PM3/27/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

That would be cool if you were able to reproduce them.  Maybe make a sand cast mold and cast some new ones.

Thanks
John Baudendistel
Island Time, Galveston, TX

On Mar 27, 2022, at 6:02 PM, Brian Hoover <bhoov...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a couple in safe keeping and was gonna try to make silicone impressions from and do epoxy reproductions, I will let you know how they turn out.

mchb...@comcast.net

Mar 27, 2022, 7:39:33 PM3/27/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com

mchb...@comcast.net

Mar 27, 2022, 7:41:51 PM3/27/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. Mario
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tollycraft Boating Club Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tollycraft-boating-club-forum/1667434428.822934.1648420933356%40mail.yahoo.com.

James K. Maddox

Mar 27, 2022, 10:33:53 PM3/27/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

As you know Resources International and Gordon Graham have been out of business for years and he lost his source for these nameplates before that.

I have mounted exhaustive searches for the 9-10” chrome plated bronze script nameplates several times in the last 10 years and can say they aren’t any left.

These searches have been conducted on behalf of desperate Tollycraft Boating club members who have asked for my help.

Two years ago  I located a pair of brand new nameplates in Canada.  They had bought them on eBay and never used them.  I was able to buy them and fill the need of a doctor down in Olympia for his Tollycraft 61.

By the way Gordon’s last source for these nameplates was Sea Dog which is located up in Everett.  They had them made 25 at a time in China.  I even have the Sea Dog part number, but I can’t get them to call me back.
If someone else wants to pursue this, I can give you the Sea Dog part number and maybe you can visit the factory to get help with this.  The Club should buy them 25 at a time…

By the way, my original chrome nameplates on our 37 are still perfect and I keep them waxed.

Sent from my iPhone

John Baudendistel

Mar 28, 2022, 10:40:23 AM3/28/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
James,

Please send the name of Sea Dog part number and a phone number if you have one.  I'll give it a whirl.

Does anyone have a digital format for the Logo?  And the Propeller.  I may have a source who could make them out of 316 Stainless Steel.  It would be flat but polished and look pretty good.
If you have a digital format for the Logo and the propeller please shoot it over to me.

John Baudendistel
1989 Tollycraft 44
Island Time

mchb...@comcast.net

Mar 28, 2022, 11:12:43 AM3/28/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
I just received a response from Sea Dog.  No luck.  MC

Devon Bacon

Mar 28, 2022, 11:22:57 AM3/28/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Hey John,

I took pictures of the script and propeller on our 1974 26 and traced them in Illustrator as vector files. These will scale to any size and should be useful for anyone who can feed the file into their printer, CNC, water jet, or otherwise. I've used them to have a few things made and they've worked well. Fill and stroke color can be changed to whatever you'd like. It probably doesn't matter if you're just having something 3D printed. But if you don't have Illustrator and need a change made, just let me know.

Thanks,
Devon

Rusalka, 1974 Tollycraft 26

T-Logo.ai
Tollycraft_text only.ai

James K. Maddox

Mar 28, 2022, 12:44:36 PM3/28/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Tollycraft Friends:

Here are the wrappers for the last two new 9” chrome plated bronze nameplates in existence.  They are now mounted on a 1984 Tollycraft 61 which had lost their originals.

Sea-Dog Line is a large distributor of marine hardware with headquarters in Everett, WA (phone 425-259-0194, website sea-dog.com, 3402 Smith Ave.).

Sea-Dog no longer lists this item and does not respond to inquiries about these parts.

Keep in mind that Sea-Dog sells everything through a huge network of wholesalers and distributors and sells nothing directly to the public.  If you ask them any question, they refer you to the nearest distributor who knows nothing about these parts.

The 9” chrome nameplates were used on a variety of boats from the 1980’s on which includes 34’s, 37’s, 40’s, 44’s, 53’s, 57’s and 61’s and possible others.  Usually they stand alone, sometimes with a chrome propeller.

Don’t confuse these with the 14 or 15” nameplates on 26’s or other boats that could be plastic or bronze.

Good luck, please keep the Club informed if you talk Sea-Dog into making these.  The patterns and molds are at a factory in Taiwan that could fire these up if they wanted to or could profit sufficiently.

Jim Maddox

Sent from my iPhone

James K. Maddox

Mar 28, 2022, 12:46:00 PM3/28/22
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Sea—Dog Line part number 72110.  Gordy used to sell them for $80 to $100 per pair.

Jim