bottom painting

Jeff

Feb 1, 2023, 4:49:10 PM2/1/23
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I’d like to know if anyone has recommendations/preferences for yards for bottom painting in the Seattle area (or Edmonds)
Thanks
Jeff

Aol member info

Feb 1, 2023, 5:01:02 PM2/1/23
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Jeff,
The only yard that I know of in Seattle is Canal Boat Yard that lets you do your own work.  You can also pay to have it done.

Gary Nelson

Brian Edmondson

Feb 1, 2023, 5:26:50 PM2/1/23
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
I had a recommendation to use CSR in Des Moines and I am very unhappy with the work they did.  I do NOT recommend them.
Brian Edmondson, Symphony, Tolly 26 Sedan.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tollycraft-boating-club-forum/664564394.2910192.1675288856475%40mail.yahoo.com.

Jim and Carol Raabe

Feb 1, 2023, 6:09:32 PM2/1/23
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Pacific Fiberglass @ Canal boatyards is our go to…Doug is also a  valued Tollyclub vendor & supporter
Jim Raabe

On Wed, Feb 1, 2023 at 2:01 PM 'Aol member info' via Tollycraft Boating Club Forum <tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tollycraft-boating-club-forum/664564394.2910192.1675288856475%40mail.yahoo.com.

dan leenhouts

Feb 1, 2023, 6:15:29 PM2/1/23
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Talk to Doug at gallery Marine. There on the ship canal Canal Boat Works. He's one of our sponsors they do a great job and a real reasonable price. Tell him Dan sent you.
 The Clam Chop.

Jeff

Feb 1, 2023, 6:31:15 PM2/1/23
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
Dan
Ironically, I’m looking at a photo of Clam Chop right now on the Pacific Fiberglass home page

dan leenhouts

Feb 1, 2023, 7:08:24 PM2/1/23
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
I meant Pacific fiberglass talk to Doug and Rob they'll set you up.
Dan and the Clam Chop

Sather Dan

Feb 1, 2023, 8:39:16 PM2/1/23
to tollycraft-boa...@googlegroups.com
I just had bottom painting and some blister repair work done in La Conner at LaConner Maritime.  Very happy with their work and you can also work on your boat at the yard if you choose.
Dan

Daniel Sather
425.770.2452
dans...@yahoo.com

You'll need Skype CreditNo Skype credit required

72SilverDollar34

Feb 2, 2023, 11:38:55 AM2/2/23
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Thanks everyone for a very informative thread.  I also will now look at Canal Boatyard.
I noticed a non-recommendation for CSR in Des Moines.  Does anyone have experience with Tolly Club sponsor CSR Ballard, just inside the locks?
Also looking at bottom paint as well as stbd engine pull for a leaky paragon v-drive.
Cheers all,
Ron Rickett
1972 Tollycraft 34:  Silver Dollar

Chris Owens

Feb 2, 2023, 11:49:04 AM2/2/23
to Tollycraft Boating Club Forum
Ron, not sure if you are looking to DIY on the paint. But if so, the Port of Everett has a DIY yard that is well run and very easy to get the boat in and out of the water. Their rates are pretty reasonable, much less than Canal Boatyard in Seattle. Good choice of marine suppliers located nearby. I had my boat in the yard for 2 weeks last spring doing DIY bottom paint and thruster installation on my 1972 40' Tri-Cabin.

-Chris