"New" subdomain and privacy error

Keith Instone

Aug 20, 2019, 4:47:00 PM8/20/19
to Tol Calagator
When I try to go to an event page, such as the Mini Maker Faire,  I get redirect to the “new” subdomain -

Which gives me a “Privacy error” in Chrome -

-----
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from new.toledotechevents.org(for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

I am using a new laptop with a new version of Chrome. Maybe in the past, I had different settings that did not generate this privacy setting. But “out of the box” with Chrome, this is what happens.

How do we fix this? Why do pages get loaded in the “new” subdomain in the first place?

Keith

Patrick McSweeny

Aug 20, 2019, 5:02:09 PM8/20/19
to tol-ca...@googlegroups.com
I just tried clicking the 'Add Event' link in both Firefox and Chrome and didn't have any issues loading the form.

Ollie Townsend III

Aug 21, 2019, 11:45:17 AM8/21/19
to tol-calagator

sslerror.png

Just need to add news to the certificate. Who is the maintainer of the site?

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 4:47 PM Keith Instone <ins...@techtoledo.com> wrote:
When I try to go to an event page, such as the Mini Maker Faire,  I get redirect to the “new” subdomain -

Which gives me a “Privacy error” in Chrome -

-----
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from new.toledotechevents.org(for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

I am using a new laptop with a new version of Chrome. Maybe in the past, I had different settings that did not generate this privacy setting. But “out of the box” with Chrome, this is what happens.

How do we fix this? Why do pages get loaded in the “new” subdomain in the first place?

Keith

Jason Slagle

Aug 21, 2019, 4:18:50 PM8/21/19
to Tol Calagator
I am.  It shouldn't be directing to new.  Lemme look.

I added a redirect from new back to the main site.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tol-calagator/630e65c5-9042-409f-9b37-68bda7fca47e%40googlegroups.com.