accessing gem, pcmon, and stone log files from tODE

PAUL DEBRUICKER

May 27, 2020, 10:19:30 AM5/27/20
to tod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dale,

this is more of a feature request but is there a straightforward way to (or make a command to ) access the log files in tODE?

e.g.

log -t 50 gem

would tail the last 50 lines of the tODE gem log

so instead of seeing

Topez ERROR: Error: For further information about login failures, check the gem log file

and having to guess/remember where it is I can just ask for the last few lines to be put in the transcript or something

Thanks

Dale Henrichs

May 27, 2020, 12:00:05 PM5/27/20
to tod...@googlegroups.com

On 5/27/20 7:19 AM, PAUL DEBRUICKER wrote:
> Hi Dale,
>
> this is more of a feature request but is there a straightforward way to (or make a command to ) access the log files in tODE?

I think that this should be possible ... with GsDevKit_home, you know
that the gem log files are in
$GS_HOME/stones/<sonte-name>/logs/gemnetobject<pid>.log. The tode
command `gs version --gem` returns an attribute dictionary for the gem
... and the 'processId' key is the pid of the gem process ... so it
should be relatively straight forward ...to create a script or command
from there ...

Dale