when are parts of tODE persisted? How many instances of which classes should be persisted if there are no active tODE sessions?

PAUL DEBRUICKER

Apr 27, 2020, 11:27:39 AM4/27/20
to tod...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to track down garbage in my stone and see that, in topaz, after an MFC and reclaimAll, when I run

SystemRepository countInstances: {TDShellTool. TDEditorSpec. TodeClientListElement. TDClassAndMethodDefinitionsElementBuilder. TDTopezServer}

I get

a Array
#1 33
#2 378
#3 241
#4 19
#5 13

Does that seem like the right amount of each?

How should I go about cleaning them up if not?

Thanks

Paul

Dale Henrichs

Apr 27, 2020, 12:36:12 PM4/27/20
to tod...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

tODE does persist things while in operation, both tODE objects and user
objects can be persisted. Take a look at `gs flushCaches` and you will
see a reference to `TDTopezServer clearPersistentElementCacheStack`.
That method should clean up all of the objects that have been held onto
by tODE ...

Dale