Temporal logic model checking algorithm

Andrew Helwer

Aug 29, 2019, 11:54:02 AM8/29/19
to tlaplus
Are there any good resources on the algorithm TLC uses to model-check temporal properties? Safety invariants are easy enough (just BFS/DFS through all states) but temporal properties seem like they have a ton of edge cases.

I'm looking for something with enough detail that I could implement the algorithm in my own toy model-checker.

Andrew

Markus Kuppe

Aug 29, 2019, 12:17:18 PM8/29/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9780387944593 and the TLC source code.

M.

Andrew Helwer

Sep 25, 2019, 5:00:35 PM9/25/19
to tlaplus
To anyone else who has found this thread and is curious, the current reference is "The Handbook of Model Checking" (less of a handbook and more of an enormous tome, really) which is found here: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319105741