TLA+ community meeting 2020

Stephan Merz

Jun 23, 2020, 10:25:16 AM6/23/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Dear TLA+ community,

we will again organize a meeting for presenting new developments around TLA+ and exchanging around ongoing work. The meeting is planned as a satellite of the Symposium on Distributed Computing [1] in mid-October. Due to the ongoing pandemic the meeting will in all likelihood take place as a virtual meeting online, with the exact date(s) to be determined.

Please let us know if you have suggestions or requests for the content or the organization of the meeting. A call for contributions will be published once the format of the meeting has been fixed.

Best regards, and stay healthy,

Stephan Merz

[1] http://www.disc-conference.org/wp/disc2020/

Markus Kuppe

Jul 15, 2020, 11:26:24 AM7/15/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 23.06.20 07:25, Stephan Merz wrote:
> Dear TLA+ community,
>
> we will again organize a meeting for presenting new developments around TLA+ and exchanging around ongoing work. The meeting is planned as a satellite of the Symposium on Distributed Computing [1] in mid-October. Due to the ongoing pandemic the meeting will in all likelihood take place as a virtual meeting online, with the exact date(s) to be determined.
>
> Please let us know if you have suggestions or requests for the content or the organization of the meeting. A call for contributions will be published once the format of the meeting has been fixed.

More information, including the CfP (deadline 08/31), can now be found
at http://conf.tlapl.us/.

Markus

Leroy van Engelen

Jul 16, 2020, 8:54:50 AM7/16/20
to tlaplus
Will it be possible to attend the TLA+ meeting separately from the Symposium? My employer has frozen training budgets. I could probably pay for the TLA+ meeting personally, doing that for the whole symposium is another matter.

-Leroy

Stephan Merz

Jul 16, 2020, 9:28:13 AM7/16/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
I believe the answer is yes, although I do not have a formal confirmation from the DISC organizers yet. Also, I believe that the registration fees for DISC and the workshops will be close to negligible, but again I am awaiting confirmation.

Stephan

Markus Kuppe

Aug 19, 2020, 12:12:18 PM8/19/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 23.06.20 07:25, Stephan Merz wrote:
Friendly reminder that the deadline to submit talks to the TLA+
community event in October is less than two weeks from today.  More at
https://conf.tlapl.us

M.

Markus Kuppe

Aug 31, 2020, 10:40:24 AM8/31/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 23.06.20 07:25, Stephan Merz wrote:
Final reminder that today is the deadline to submit talks [1] to the
TLA+ community event in October.

M.

[1] https://conf.tlapl.us

Markus Kuppe

Sep 9, 2020, 1:14:36 PM9/9/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 23.06.20 07:25, Stephan Merz wrote:
We are excited to announce the program of the TLA+ Community Event at
https://conf.tlapl.us/. The event will take place online during
European afternoon hours on Thursday 15th, Friday 16th, and Monday the
19th of October, enabling participation for other time zones.

Extended versions of the presentations will be made available online
early in October, and speakers will present shortened versions during
the event, followed by questions and answers.

We will send out more announcements once presentations are online and
when DISC registrations (free of charge for *participants*) [1] are
open. In the meantime, feel free to join the virtual hallway track at
https://talk.tlapl.us

Markus

[1] http://www.disc-conference.org/wp/disc2020/registration/

Shuhao Wu

Sep 15, 2020, 4:16:33 PM9/15/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've attempted to join the virtual hall track via the mattermost server.
However, after registration I'm presented a screen saying: "No teams are
available to join. Please ask your administrator for an invite."

Am I missing a step somewhere in this process?

Thanks,
Shuhao

Markus Kuppe

Sep 16, 2020, 7:57:18 PM9/16/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 15.09.20 13:16, Shuhao Wu wrote:

> I've attempted to join the virtual hall track via the mattermost server.
> However, after registration I'm presented a screen saying: "No teams are
> available to join. Please ask your administrator for an invite."
>
> Am I missing a step somewhere in this process?

Hi Shuhao,

from what I see on Mattermost, your account is active now. Please reach
out to me directly if there is still a problem.

I also fixed the underlying issue in Mattermost (un-deleted a channel
that we are not supposed to delete) to prevent this issue for future
signups.

Thanks,
Markus

Stephan Merz

Sep 23, 2020, 3:26:38 AM9/23/20
to tlaplus
Registration for DISC and satellite events is now open at

The registration as a participant is free of charge, but it is necessary for obtaining
the link for attending the conference online. (Authors of papers published at the
DISC conference are required to pay a publication fee, this does not apply to
authors of presentations accepted at satellite events.)

The program of the TLA+ Community Event is available at https://conf.tlapl.us.
Please join us for what promises to be a nice meeting. As a reminder, the
virtual hallway track is already open at https://talk.tlapl.us.

Stephan

Markus Kuppe

Sep 25, 2020, 9:59:01 AM9/25/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 23.09.20 00:26, Stephan Merz wrote:
> Registration for DISC and satellite events is now open at
> http://www.disc-conference.org/wp/disc2020/registration/.
>
> The registration as a participant is free of charge, but it is necessary
> for obtaining
> the link for attending the conference online. (Authors of papers
> published at the
> DISC conference are required to pay a publication fee, this does not
> apply to
> authors of presentations accepted at satellite events.)
>
> The program of the TLA+ Community Event is available at
> https://conf.tlapl.us.
> Please join us for what promises to be a nice meeting. As a reminder, the
> virtual hallway track is already open at https://talk.tlapl.us.

This is an iCal [1] file to import the TLA+ Community Event schedule
into your calendars.

Markus

[1]
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/roeh7nl6lj6lel53krokqrkdcg%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Markus Kuppe

Sep 29, 2020, 4:47:32 PM9/29/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com

The extended version of "Conjunction Capers: A TLA+ Truffle" by Ron
Pressler has been published at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP3SY0EUV2A

Recordings of the other talks will follow soon.

Markus

Markus Kuppe

Oct 1, 2020, 11:34:57 PM10/1/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 29.09.20 13:47, Markus Kuppe wrote:
> Recordings of the other talks will follow soon.

Almost all talks are already online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP3SY0EUV2A&list=PLWLcqZLzY8u8EA8UlsZ5xKMvtUoeGr5R_

Markus

Markus Kuppe

Oct 11, 2020, 12:41:32 PM10/11/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 01.10.20 20:34, Markus Kuppe wrote:

> Almost all talks are already online:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP3SY0EUV2A&list=PLWLcqZLzY8u8EA8UlsZ5xKMvtUoeGr5R_

The talk "Bridging the Verifiability Gap: Why We Need More From Our
Specs and How We Can Get It" by Jordan Haltermann has be uploaded:

https://youtu.be/itcj9j2yWQo

Markus