Cannot figure out how to make editor colors like those seen in video

ke...@ansberry.com

Apr 10, 2020, 9:36:44 AM4/10/20
to tlaplus
Hi,
I was hoping I could easily switch the Toolbox to a light theme, like that seen on the video. I have tried all three themes provided with 1.6 release on Linux, but they all appear similar, which is "dark".

Thanks,
Kevin

Travis Allison

Apr 10, 2020, 12:11:35 PM4/10/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com

Kevin Ansberry

Apr 10, 2020, 2:13:10 PM4/10/20
to tlaplus
Never mind. Determined that the Toolbox simply pulls the color scheme used by Gnome. When I selected a "light" scheme, the Toolbox modules are now readable.

Kevin Ansberry

Apr 10, 2020, 3:19:46 PM4/10/20
to tlaplus
For anyone else that has an issue reading text within the TLA editor due to a "dark" Gnome theme in Ubuntu, I found out that you can keep Gnome using the "dark" theme you have chosen and simply launch the Toolbox with the following command:

GTK_THEME=Adwaita:light ./toolbox

With this in mind, I create a "tla" alias in bash, by editing the .bashrc file, by entering the following line:

alias tla='GTK_THEME=Adwaita:light ~/TLA+/toolbox/toolbox'

Now when I open a terminal window, I can simply issue a "tla" command and it starts with a "light" scheme that is easy to read.