How can I turn off automatic display on a Mac?

david streader

Mar 9, 2020, 9:42:06 PM3/9/20
to tlaplus
Hi
     On the web page https://tla.msr-inria.inria.fr/tlatoolbox/doc/spec/pretty-printing.html it states that The built-in viewer option is not offered on Mac OS X.  but currently with Mac OS the toolkit is crashing after running "produce PDF version" and after generating the State Graph.  (It  has been explained how to stop the state graph being produced and dump the result in a foo.dot file but the resulting image lacks some important information to understand fairness)
      The foo.tex foo.pdf and foo.dot files are are being produced correctly prior to the tool crashing. If any one knows how to stop the toolkit trying to display the results (as hopefully that would stop the tool from crashing) it would make my life a lot easier.
kind regards david

Markus Kuppe

Mar 10, 2020, 4:47:24 PM3/10/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

please download the recent nightly for macOS [1] and set the Toolbox to
open PDFs with Preview. Opening PDFs this way should keep the Toolbox
from crashing.

Thanks
Markus

[1] https://nightly.tlapl.us/products/
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 1.41.52 PM.png

Max Hoffmann

Mar 10, 2020, 5:15:58 PM3/10/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
https://medium.com/@bellmar/introduction-to-tla-model-checking-in-the-command-line-c6871700a6a2

Have you tried this tutorial above? I found that one can run everything from the terminal. Does that address your use case?

Sent from my phone.