Where can I download and install themes in the Toolbox?

Tamas Zsebe

Aug 9, 2019, 7:43:42 PM8/9/19
to tlaplus
Hi, I just installed the toolbox and am starting to play around with it.

In the preferences, it looks like there are no Themes to select from. Are these downloaded separately, or do I need to create them from scratch? I'm not finding any downloadable ones online.

I normally wouldn't care that much, but I override my OS theme to be one of the dark ones everywhere. This looks great in the application in general, but the editor font colors are all designed for a white background. I see "Classic" and "Reduced Palette", but it'd be great if there were a "dark background" one I can find somewhere, so I don't have to manually change the colors for all keyword types in the preferences.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04, if it matters.

Thanks! Looking forward to getting deeper into things!

loki der quaeler

Aug 10, 2019, 4:59:23 PM8/10/19
to tlaplus

Hello -

Themes are not currently supported in the Toolbox; unfortunately the preference pane for Appearance exists as it is the parent of the Colors and Fonts preference pane, in which we do have two configurable font options.

-loki

Tamas Zsebe

Sep 4, 2019, 8:02:12 AM9/4/19
to tlaplus
Hi, thanks for getting back to me!

I suppose I can live without it, but is there at least a way to change the background color of just the text editor in tlaplus toolbox without messing with my entire window manager's theme? It's not really usable as-is, and I've just been editing the files in vim...

Screenshot from 2019-09-04 04-59-54.png

Leslie Lamport

Sep 4, 2019, 12:48:02 PM9/4/19
to tlaplus
File > Preferences > General > Editors > Text Editors
   Appearance color options:
     Background color

Tamas Zsebe

Sep 6, 2019, 11:23:44 PM9/6/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Aaah thank you! How did I not spot that.