Tool Precise Guide

MK Bug

Jul 5, 2019, 11:45:17 AM7/5/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new in TLA+ and in learning TLC, there are material related to the language but can you share any guideline that also tells how to use TLC and write a code in it. I have wasted so many time just to write a single specification but continuously finding errors. I have logic but syntax and writing spec is so difficult in TLC that i have no other option to say please provide me some good material. following is the error I am facing i dont know what is going wrong.

image.png

Amir Hossein Sayyad Abdi

Jul 5, 2019, 11:59:23 AM7/5/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malaika,

Using the TLC model checker is quite easy and fun!

I suggest following the good example by Hillel Wayne at learntla.com in the link [1].

[1] https://learntla.com/introduction/example/

Sincerely,
AmirHossein

MK Bug

Jul 6, 2019, 3:17:46 PM7/6/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It is really helpful but can you please describe the following added note by Hillel Wayne, as i am getting the same error and not resolving the issue.

image.png

image.png
image.png

Amir Hossein Sayyad Abdi

Jul 6, 2019, 4:12:55 PM7/6/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malaika,

I think you have to move the definition of MonthDaysCheck (at line 58) in your spec to line 51.

Everything after line 53 (which begins with ====) will be concidered as "comment" and they will be ignored, because line 53 marks the end of your module's definition.

Sincerely,
AmirHossein

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

MK Bug

Jul 6, 2019, 4:20:52 PM7/6/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After doing as you said following is the error.

image.png

stewart mackenzie

Jul 6, 2019, 9:35:48 PM7/6/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com

MK Bug,

Please could you not take screenshots as this bloats every email sent, compounding the problem as this is a mailing list. It's also difficult to read and impossible to do copy-paste-search.

Please use text alone.

kr/sjm

MK Bug

Jul 7, 2019, 12:05:12 AM7/7/19