Version control for models?

steve....@zuhlke.com

Jan 4, 2021, 11:00:13 AM1/4/21
to tlaplus
I'm working on a model, keeping the .tla files in version control but I'm wondering what to do about the model configurations. I see that they're available under a X.toolbox/ directory. Should I just add Module.toolbox/ModelName/ to my version control and ignore all the snapshot directories?

I hesitate to use the term "Best Practice", so I'll settle for "Good Practice"

Thanks all

Markus Kuppe

Jan 4, 2021, 2:14:39 PM1/4/21
to tla...@googlegroups.com

On 04.01.21 08:00, steve....@zuhlke.com wrote:
> I'm working on a model, keeping the .tla files in version control but
> I'm wondering what to do about the model configurations. I see that
> they're available under a X.toolbox/ directory. Should I just add
> /Module/.toolbox//ModelName// to my version control and ignore all the
> snapshot directories?
>
> I hesitate to use the term "Best Practice", so I'll settle for "Good
> Practice"

Hi,

for git I use this: https://github.com/github/gitignore/pull/3613

Markus

Freeman, Steve

Jan 4, 2021, 2:25:27 PM1/4/21
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. Thanks

Jan 8, 2021, 11:53:46 AM1/8/21
to tlaplus
Next question. I'd like to use the Eclipse plugins for version control. I can't see how to add the git plugin to the Toolbox and I'm too #lazyweb to figure out how to add the Toolbox to a standard Eclipse installation. Can someone help me with a link?

Thx

Markus Kuppe

Jan 8, 2021, 1:01:42 PM1/8/21
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Adding the Toolbox to a standard Eclipse installation will most likely
not work because of how the Toolbox is implemented.

This is how to install EGit into the Toolbox version 1.7.1:

1) Close the Toolbox
2) In the Toolbox directory:

./toolbox -nosplash -application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director
-repository https://download.eclipse.org/releases/2020-06/202006171000
-installIU org.eclipse.egit.feature.group -roaming

3) Launch the Toolbox like you would normally do
4) Open "Find Action" by pressing Ctrl+3 and type "git" to access the
EGit views

Note that this does *not* work if your Toolbox on Linux has been
installed from the .deb file.

Markus