Import existing TLA files

Alexander Bakst

Apr 30, 2020, 8:13:54 PM4/30/20
to tlaplus
Hi all,

I wrote a couple TLA files using a text editor that for the sake of anonymity we will call vimacs. I'd like to import them into the TLA Toolbox, however I can't quite figure out how to do that -- is there a way other than creating a new spec then copying/pasting the files that I wrote in vimacs?

Thanks,
Alexander

Markus Kuppe

Apr 30, 2020, 11:34:33 PM4/30/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
File > Open Spec > Add New Spec... > Browse - Select the root module of
a set of modules > Finish

Markus

Carl Thuringer

May 1, 2020, 10:31:18 AM5/1/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
The toolbox makes this confusing.

1. File > Open Spec > Add New Spec... > Browse - select the .tla file which you want to create models for.
2. "MySpec.tla already exists, do you want to replace it?" : This is misleading. It will not replace the spec. Just click 'replace'.
3. If you're re-importing a forgotten module, ensure 'Import Existing Models' is checked.

Cheers,
Carl Thuringer

Alexander Bakst

May 1, 2020, 12:02:21 PM5/1/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Aha, thanks Markus and Carl. Yes, rather confusing — also, the file appears greyed out. But chugging along does indeed import the file.

—Alexander

Markus Kuppe

May 1, 2020, 12:17:56 PM5/1/20
to tla...@googlegroups.com
On 01.05.20 09:02, Alexander Bakst wrote:
> Aha, thanks Markus and Carl. Yes, rather confusing — also, the file
> appears greyed out. But chugging along does indeed import the file.

Hi Alexander, Hi Carl,

would either one of you please open an issue [1] that outlines a
workflow that you think is less confusing. Please include the OS you
are on because the file chooser is OS-specific.

Thanks
Markus

[1] https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/issues

Alexander Bakst