Is there a way print state trace in tlc when running?

Yongqiang Yang

Sep 17, 2019, 4:43:47 AM9/17/19
to tlaplus
I am expecting 2 actions are covered by same times, but they are not, so I want to print state trace in each action to analyze changes. I can not find a way to print state trace.

Markus Kuppe

Sep 17, 2019, 1:00:20 PM9/17/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for small state spaces you can visualize the state graph, which is
activated on the Toolbox's TLC Options page.  On the command line, you
can run TLC with "-dump dot stategraph.dot" to generate the state graph
in dot notation [1].

Hope this helps,

Markus

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOT_(graph_description_language)

Shiyao MA

Sep 20, 2019, 11:39:51 PM9/20/19
to tlaplus

Is it possible to directly output the pdf version?

Yongqiang Yang

Nov 3, 2019, 9:58:07 PM11/3/19
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Yes. There is an tlc option for visualizing the state graph, but the number of states should be small about 0-100. when the number is greater than 30, the graph is difficult to read.

Best Wishes
Yongqiang Yang