Help with answer

Jody Crothers

Apr 26, 2021, 9:43:24 AM4/26/21
to TI IT list

Anyone help, this answer iis not useful

It was the derivative trying to find max or min

Head of Learning Area (Mathematics)

Ridge View Secondary College

Western Australia

www.jodstar.com

Brad Posnanski

Apr 27, 2021, 8:21:22 AM4/27/21
to tins...@googlegroups.com

Jody,
Are you using the IICX or the IICX w/CAS?  When I tried with non-CAS it told me I needed CAS.  Here is what I got when I used the CAS (as well as the graphical solution)
I am sure others will jump on in with more helpful information.
04-26-2021 Image002.jpg04-26-2021 Image001.jpg

Brad

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
https://sites.google.com/site/tinspiregroup/classroom-news/welcome-abouttime

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "tinspire" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tinspire/PS2P216MB11866A434242BCB3CE023B97B8429%40PS2P216MB1186.KORP216.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.

NOTICE:  This e-mail message may contain privileged or confidential information.  The information contained in this e-mail message is only for the intended recipient.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message and any attached documents in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message and any attached documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the Data Privacy Officer by telephone at 631-474-8105 immediately, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.

Karlheinz Haas

Apr 27, 2021, 7:38:42 PM4/27/21
to tinspire
Jody and Brad,
Using my CX II CAS handheld, I got the same thing Brad got. And on the non-CAS software, I am getting the same message: Unsupported function: "This function requires Computer Algebra System. Try TI-Nspire™ CAS."  In both Rad and Deg mode. nsolve on the non-CAS gave me one solution:
Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 7.37.55 PM.png

Karlheinz